Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody doing the Rosarito-Ensenada bike ride next April?
Quote | Reply
I did the fall & spring events in 95 & 96 and am considering going again for the one on April 17th. I am wondering whether any of you will be there.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody doing the Rosarito-Ensenada bike ride next April? [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you should bring that up. My 5-year-old made a new friend in kindergarten, and when the kid's dad came over to pick him up after some play time he brought me a t-shirt for that ride. Turns out the dad is the ride's organizer and promoter. I think I'll be doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody doing the Rosarito-Ensenada bike ride next April? [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny indeed! You should go, it is such a fun ride and the scenery is just spectacular. It is a long drive, or a relative logistic headache for me to go - and I will have to see how much time I can get off work - therefore I don't know for sure yet whether I will do it. Keep me posted, though!
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody doing the Rosarito-Ensenada bike ride next April? [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll keep you posted. You're in Santa Cruz, eh? Logistical headache, to be sure. Email me through my "profile" page and I'll see if I can help with anything travel-wise (I'm in La Jolla).
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody doing the Rosarito-Ensenada bike ride next April? [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the offer. I lived in Ensenada when I did it back then, but from Santa Cruz more planning is required! This got all started because my wife would like to spend her 30th birthday in Ensenada and it falls a few days off the ride. My dilemma is plane or car. If we drive, I need more time off work and may not be as fresh to enjoy the ride and birthday party. Flying seems more logical for a short trip, but with a bike and the need to go to Rosarito and Ensenada, I am not sure the logistical headaches will leave us fresher than the drive would. Oh well, I will procrastinate some more and we shall see...By the way, I can recommend hotels in Ensenada if you need them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the ride in I think 1983. I had a great time. My buddy was always giving me a hard time about my Brooks seat. When we got to the finish his ass was so sore I had to drive his van home. He loves those anatomical seats. He didn'd drink enough either and like lost his mind for a while.I thought he might kill me and leave me their. What fun this stuff is.
Quote Reply