Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any tricks to get the G3 Powertap hubcap off without the tool?
Quote | Reply
I've lost the little wrench tool thing Powertap makes to take off the G3 hubcap. Anybody know a way to get it off without damaging it? I'm ordering another tool, but the wait will be quite a few days.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Any tricks to get the G3 Powertap hubcap off without the tool? [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before I ever had the powertap wrench (purchased a powertap used) I just very gently used a pair of channellocks, just be gentle or put a rag over it to help protect it as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Any tricks to get the G3 Powertap hubcap off without the tool? [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a rubber dishwashing glove.
Quote Reply
Re: Any tricks to get the G3 Powertap hubcap off without the tool? [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used one of those jar top grippers, for hard to open jars.
Quote Reply
Re: Any tricks to get the G3 Powertap hubcap off without the tool? [navybeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
navybeaver wrote:
I used one of those jar top grippers, for hard to open jars.

X2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use an inner tube

ZenTriBrett wrote:
I've lost the little wrench tool thing Powertap makes to take off the G3 hubcap. Anybody know a way to get it off without damaging it? I'm ordering another tool, but the wait will be quite a few days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a swim cap for additional grip

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Re: Any tricks to get the G3 Powertap hubcap off without the tool? [Mister944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used a bench vise with the old fashioned Ptaps. Hardwood jaws keep it from marring the plastic. I think it would also work with the new style of cap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:

I was in mexico and realized I forgot the tool to change batteries. I notched in a straight scratch, not very deep, but just deep enough to use a flat had screwdriver for leverage.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Any tricks to get the G3 Powertap hubcap off without the tool? [robin, run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It worked! Thanks, gang. I ordered a new tool, but while I was waiting I tried carefully applying channel locks and it came off. Cool to know I can get it off in a pinch. I love Powertap, but what a silly design.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply