Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Any sign of the new Scott Plasma
Quote | Reply
There's been a ton of Sebi and Alistar sightings the last week or so - are Scott doing the world's greatest magic act or are we waiting for nothing. Man...I hope they are pulling some Cervelo P5X stuff right now...although even that got out!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a picture of a disc brake plasma in a thread a few weeks ago:
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...!_P6990312/#p6990775

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen the picture - but I am wondering if we will see it under either athlete. They aren't training on the bike in public if they are on it this coming weekend.

I am excited for the bike - it's pretty sweet - but I would think they would want them on it this year if it is, indeed, a 2020 model as it seems to be.

I still expect to see the bike, for some reason - just hoping someone had some confirmation ;)

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I talked to a rep at Mica Sport (Scott Canada importer) a few weeks ago and they had heard of the picture but nothing of the bike.

Having said that about 90% of Scott’s penetration into NA is mtb. I am starting to wonder if it’s photoshop as some one suggested earlier.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
I am starting to wonder if it’s photoshop as some one suggested earlier.

It's not photoshopped........trust me!
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
I am starting to wonder if it’s photoshop as some one suggested earlier.

It's not photoshopped........trust me!

Ok, I’m on the big island so if it’s here people are doing an extremely good job of keeping it secret.

I’ll keep my eyes peeled though!

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They must either a) not be riding it until later this week, or b) it's just not ready.

HOPING for A haha

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So here is a small life sign.
This seems to be the smaller brother for 8.599GBP.

More information can be found here:
https://www.onyerbike.com/...SCOTT-Plasma-RC-2020

Further I was wondering if there might be a new Felt IA coming our way since it seems that Rinny and Ryf are riding currently their old bike setups in their post. Doesn´t seem to be their A-Bike according to the parts. So maybe they are hiding their A-Bike currently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and one more thing:

It is coming with this statement:

With the all new SCOTT Plasma Premium, we really decided to flex our "Aero Muscles." This Triathlon specific Plasma features fully integrated cables, hydration system and storage boxes. We've also made it versatile, making sure that anyone can find their most efficient cockpit position on the bike. If you thought the last Plasma was the fastest in the world (it was) then you aint' seen nuthin' yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's what I found on a French website :

https://www.culturevelo.com/...he/code/274710_scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice find. I can't believe that they won't actually bring this out this weekend. It's only Wednesday though :)

Anyone on the ground know if Scott is there this year? Could be a sign haha.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Test Lab got the scoop already about a month ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2bGvFABDtn/

Terrible wonky looking thing. Looks like an integrated bladder with a little boat looking BTB (between the arms bento), storage box in the BB area and of course the box in the rear. Some nice features, I'm just disappointed in the look of it, especially when the previous generations of the Plasma were some of the hottest bikes on the market.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:

Terrible wonky looking thing. Looks like an integrated bladder with a little boat looking BTB (between the arms bento), storage box in the BB area and of course the box in the rear. Some nice features, I'm just disappointed in the look of it, especially when the previous generations of the Plasma were some of the hottest bikes on the market.

I sadly agree!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:

With the all new SCOTT Plasma Premium, we really decided to flex our "Aero Muscles." This Triathlon specific Plasma features fully integrated cables, hydration system and storage boxes. We've also made it versatile, making sure that anyone can find their most efficient cockpit position on the bike. If you thought the last Plasma was the fastest in the world (it was) then you aint' seen nuthin' yet.

hahaha that statement cracks me up & I have the data to prove that the last edition (the 5) isn't the fastest plasma (or bike even at release) in the world. You can make a 3 more aero than a 5. Ask me how I know ;-)

While I love my Plasma 3 Scott's biggest problem is getting their TT bikes into retailers and under customers. They suck at this, at least in the US.

I love my 3. I'd love to test this new Plasma, who knows I might even be convinced to switch from my 3.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mentioned in the previous thread, but that gap between the down-tube and front wheel seems odd. So many bikes up until now had been trying to get the gap as small as possible and ‘hug’ the down-tube. Seems like on this the air would detach from the whee but then have to reattach to the downtube. Versus staying attached and ‘going around both’ at the same time (sorry for the poor verbiage). I guess it works not having a downtube for a few bikes (Omni, Ventus). But on those the air is going straight to the seat tube after leaving the wheel.

Interesting that they made the front fork symmetric by putting those lead things on both sides rather than just the side with the caliper

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
I mentioned in the previous thread, but that gap between the down-tube and front wheel seems odd. So many bikes up until now had been trying to get the gap as small as possible and ‘hug’ the down-tube. Seems like on this the air would detach from the whee but then have to reattach to the downtube. Versus staying attached and ‘going around both’ at the same time (sorry for the poor verbiage). I guess it works not having a downtube for a few bikes (Omni, Ventus). But on those the air is going straight to the seat tube after leaving the wheel.

Interesting that they made the front fork symmetric by putting those lead things on both sides rather than just the side with the caliper

From what I understand the ability for air to stay attached between the front wheel and the frame is massively dependent on wheels and tires. Either you need everything to align perfectly or it is better to have a large gap so air fully separates and then re-attaches. A similar logic applies to the space between the wheel and the front fork. Some companies really blow out the front fork so air can flow over the fork and wheel as completely separate objects. This is supposedly faster than when the air flow between the fork and wheel interfere. The problem is the interference space is actually quiet large so in the real world you are splitting hairs over what is the best design.
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:

hahaha that statement cracks me up & I have the data to prove that the last edition (the 5) isn't the fastest plasma (or bike even at release) in the world. You can make a 3 more aero than a 5. Ask me how I know ;-)

While I love my Plasma 3 Scott's biggest problem is getting their TT bikes into retailers and under customers. They suck at this, at least in the US.

I love my 3. I'd love to test this new Plasma, who knows I might even be convinced to switch from my 3.

How?? Tririg omega x, what else??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:

The Plasma 5, in theory a great bike, in practice was more work than it was worth. It's hard to travel with, the space the housing had to route through the bar, stem, and into the frame was limited. The also didn't have a pad x/y chart for the first 2 years that bike was out. I think that was Scott's biggest problem TBH.
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:

The Plasma 5, in theory a great bike, in practice was more work than it was worth. It's hard to travel with, the space the housing had to route through the bar, stem, and into the frame was limited. The also didn't have a pad x/y chart for the first 2 years that bike was out. I think that was Scott's biggest problem TBH.

I can agree with the cables through the front end. It took multiple tries to get everything routed through the bars, then I took a dremel to it to widen a spot or two on the cover on the stem.
I do love that bike still.
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [euskaltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
euskaltri wrote:

I have the data to prove that the last edition (the 5) isn't the fastest plasma (or bike even at release) in the world. You can make a 3 more aero than a 5. Ask me how I know ;-)

How?? Tririg omega x, what else??[/quote]
I had the frame drilled out and routed all the cables internally. From testing I know a stock 3 gets crushed at 0 yaw by a P5-6 but is <10w slower than the P5-6 at 5-10 yaw. Routing the cables internally reduces this both at 0 and wider yaws, significantly.

Then I originally with with a Profile aeria ultimate after being given some data. Then I switched to the Tririg Alpha X bc I was able to get back in the tunnel but had a small window between other people we were testing.

I also tested a Tri rig front brake vs a Vision Trimax (or whatever their aero brake is) I left the tririg on bc it was the second brake tested. The Vision brake was cabled the tririg was not.
The vision was .75-1w slower at all yaw angles, meaning essentially a cabled Vision is ~ = to if not a touch faster than the tririg brake once you cable the TR brake. Worst case the VT is within the margin of error of the tunnel. But I'm lazy and left the second brake on.

basically I closed the gap to a P5-6 to < a handful of watts if not tied the P5-6. I'll let you guys decide for yourselves if my Plasma 3 is faster than the P5-6 hahaha! Place your bets, and bet carefully!

There aren't a lot of stock bikes in a transition area that are faster than my Plasma 3. Now if only the engine was bigger!

Scott Bicycles if you're reading this and want to get your new Plasma under an athlete who's racing in 2 countries and doing a 3d stage race still this season call me.....NOW

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Oct 10, 19 6:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
euskaltri wrote:

I have the data to prove that the last edition (the 5) isn't the fastest plasma (or bike even at release) in the world. You can make a 3 more aero than a 5. Ask me how I know ;-)

How?? Tririg omega x, what else??

I had the frame drilled out and routed all the cables internally. From testing I know a stock 3 gets crushed at 0 yaw by a P5-6 but is <10w slower than the P5-6 at 5-10 yaw. Routing the cables internally reduces this both at 0 and wider yaws, significantly.

Then I originally with with a Profile aeria ultimate after being given some data. Then I switched to the Tririg Alpha X bc I was able to get back in the tunnel but had a small window between other people we were testing.

I also tested a Tri rig front brake vs a Vision Trimax (or whatever their aero brake is) I left the tririg on bc it was the second brake tested. The Vision brake was cabled the tririg was not.
The vision was .75-1w slower at all yaw angles, meaning essentially a cabled Vision is ~ = to if not a touch faster than the tririg brake once you cable the TR brake. Worst case the VT is within the margin of error of the tunnel. But I'm lazy and left the second brake on.

basically I closed the gap to a P5-6 to < a handful of watts if not tied the P5-6. I'll let you guys decide for yourselves if my Plasma 3 is faster than the P5-6 hahaha! Place your bets, and bet carefully!

There aren't a lot of stock bikes in a transition area that are faster than my Plasma 3. Now if only the engine was bigger!

Scott Bicycles if you're reading this and want to get your new Plasma under an athlete who's racing in 2 countries and doing a 3d stage race still this season call me.....NOW[/quote]

Very interesting information, wind tunnel datas are really strange sometimes, the tririg brake is sometimes 6w better that a shimano, and in other tests it is the same or almost the same (1w). I have seen, I don't remember where, maybe on specialized videos, that a bike without any brake would be 3w faster that with normal brakes, and aero brakes are 1W faster than normal brakes. 1w is nothing...
Hope Scott bicycles men will call you ;-)
Last edited by: euskaltri: Oct 10, 19 6:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.triathlete.com/...tt-plasma-5-3_383823

Well...damn it...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Any sign of the new Scott Plasma [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:

:-)

I am going to guess it doesn't mean anything - but I hope your smiley face is cryptic and means something haha

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:

So here is a small life sign.
This seems to be the smaller brother for 8.599GBP.

More information can be found here:
https://www.onyerbike.com/...SCOTT-Plasma-RC-2020

Further I was wondering if there might be a new Felt IA coming our way since it seems that Rinny and Ryf are riding currently their old bike setups in their post. Doesn´t seem to be their A-Bike according to the parts. So maybe they are hiding their A-Bike currently.

No new felt ia this year as the felt website blog just did features on the ambergers and ryf bikes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next