Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any running gait expert?
Quote | Reply
All my running shoes have the same pattern: a) outside of soles have more wear than inside, and b) the outside of the RIGHT sole has considerable more wear than the LEFT side.

I've done a few gait analyses so I know I have some supination which explains the cause of a). But does b) mean my leg length are not even and I am somehow using a lot of more of my right leg than left? If so, is that something I need to eliminate for both performance and physiological perspective, and how?
Quote Reply
Re: Any running gait expert? [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Step 1 - Wear a well cushioned shoe.
Step 2 - Run more.

Seriously, not much doing here. The additional wear is more likely to crown of the roads. Just about everybody should have lateral wear, particularly in the heel.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you always run on one side of the road? Are the roads crowned...higher in the middle?

If you aren't injured, I wouldn't sweat it much.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: Any running gait expert? [-JBMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not I know off, I pretty much try to run on flat and even surface as much as I can. No injuries, just thought it's kind of weird. I have to retires shoes because the right sole has worn down so much faster than the left.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm due for a new pair of shoes. But, the right toe-off area is worn down to the midsole, and the left one isn't...I'm not too concerned about it. I run on mixed roads/sidewalks.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
first no one is 50 / 50 perfect at anything even the best in the world.

Don't try to change that fact.

This does show you reach to far with your legs when you run. LIKE hitting the front plastic piece of the treadmill if you are running near the front.

So you are getting a lot of deceleration. and your shoes show that. were if you did only up hill treadmill work 4% or higher. that wear on your shoes would be impossible and also you would move to wear out the ball of the big toe.

That said there is so much more to the system then one can learn through the internet so good luck.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, b does not necessarily mean you have a leg length discrepancy. It could be a road thing, more likely it's a mobility thing on the one side, that causes a slightly uneven stride. With any changes that you make to your form, you need to make them very slowly and very gradually, or you will get injured. But it could be worth having a fitness professional do a quick assessment of strength and mobility, to help identify any imbalances that might exist, and putting in the work to resolve those. That likely will help resolve any imbalances in the stride as well...

Everyone will tend to have greater wear on the lateral edge of their foot. Since naturally we strike with the outside of the foot (be it the heel or the mid-foot) and then mildly pronate inwards and toe off at the base on the big toe...
Quote Reply