Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Any recent Love the Pain orders?
Quote | Reply
Just curious whether they’ve gotten back on track. On another note, what’s the deal with the guy with the beard? Does he really swim with that thing?
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd never heard of this brand, so I checked it out. I love some of their designs, but, HOLY SHIT, they are expensive! I saw a $600 aerosuit. Some jammers for over $100? Damn! I can only hope to have that sort of "fuck you" money when I am older.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"back on track" assumes they were "on track" at some point in the past
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They routinely have 50-60% off sales
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
They routinely have 50-60% off sales
Which is still pretty expensive when you consider the odds of them actually delivering something.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
They routinely have 50-60% off sales

Which is still pretty expensive when you consider the odds of them actually delivering something.

It is expensive, but that's because they're not just offering a product. They're offering an experience. Imagine you order something, 2 days later it turns up. Big deal. With LTP, you don't know when it's going to turn up, if ever. Perhaps you'll first see your suit worn by some random guy on IG before receiving it many months later. And that uncertainty creates intrigue and excitement. It adds value to your LTP product.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:
I'd never heard of this brand, so I checked it out. I love some of their designs, but, HOLY SHIT, they are expensive! I saw a $600 aerosuit. Some jammers for over $100? Damn! I can only hope to have that sort of "fuck you" money when I am older.

I’m surprised you haven’t heard of them. They’re pretty infamous around here. Here’s a 9 page thread about them:
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...livering.__P6500233/

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
spudone wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
They routinely have 50-60% off sales

Which is still pretty expensive when you consider the odds of them actually delivering something.


It is expensive, but that's because they're not just offering a product. They're offering an experience. Imagine you order something, 2 days later it turns up. Big deal. With LTP, you don't know when it's going to turn up, if ever. Perhaps you'll first see your suit worn by some random guy on IG before receiving it many months later. And that uncertainty creates intrigue and excitement. It adds value to your LTP product.

This made me smile. well done.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davejustdave wrote:
zedzded wrote:
spudone wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
They routinely have 50-60% off sales

Which is still pretty expensive when you consider the odds of them actually delivering something.


It is expensive, but that's because they're not just offering a product. They're offering an experience. Imagine you order something, 2 days later it turns up. Big deal. With LTP, you don't know when it's going to turn up, if ever. Perhaps you'll first see your suit worn by some random guy on IG before receiving it many months later. And that uncertainty creates intrigue and excitement. It adds value to your LTP product.

This made me smile. well done.

Their name refers to the ordering/fulfillment experience , not the sport. [/pink]


__________________________________________________
Powered by: Hat Tip - the power of thanks
http://hattip.com http://locations.hattip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
jhammond wrote:
I'd never heard of this brand, so I checked it out. I love some of their designs, but, HOLY SHIT, they are expensive! I saw a $600 aerosuit. Some jammers for over $100? Damn! I can only hope to have that sort of "fuck you" money when I am older.


I’m surprised you haven’t heard of them. They’re pretty infamous around here. Here’s a 9 page thread about them:
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...livering.__P6500233/


I was thinking about getting their Colorado tri suit (I live in and absolutely love Colorado), but, after reading the reviews, I'm not sure I want to take the risk. That thread is an absolute shit show for Love the Pain. It's not just the delays either, there's a lot of wrong/altered product that apparently gets shipped.
Last edited by: jhammond: Feb 26, 19 12:52
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
spudone wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
They routinely have 50-60% off sales

Which is still pretty expensive when you consider the odds of them actually delivering something.


It is expensive, but that's because they're not just offering a product. They're offering an experience. Imagine you order something, 2 days later it turns up. Big deal. With LTP, you don't know when it's going to turn up, if ever. Perhaps you'll first see your suit worn by some random guy on IG before receiving it many months later. And that uncertainty creates intrigue and excitement. It adds value to your LTP product.

It's like a unique story scripted in each set of britches.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:
jhammond wrote:
I'd never heard of this brand, so I checked it out. I love some of their designs, but, HOLY SHIT, they are expensive! I saw a $600 aerosuit. Some jammers for over $100? Damn! I can only hope to have that sort of "fuck you" money when I am older.


I’m surprised you haven’t heard of them. They’re pretty infamous around here. Here’s a 9 page thread about them:
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...livering.__P6500233/


I was thinking about getting their Colorado tri suit (I live in and absolutely love Colorado), but, after reading the reviews, I'm not sure I want to take the risk. That thread is an absolute shit show for Love the Pain. It's not just the delays either, there's a lot of wrong/altered product that apparently gets shipped.

There is no risk. You can be very confident that your credit card charge will be accompanied by a very long headache.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
Just curious whether they’ve gotten back on track. On another note, what’s the deal with the guy with the beard? Does he really swim with that thing?

They're too busy giving out free product to their insta-famous people to actually MAKE and DELIVER orders.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [aspen6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait no more!!! Now you can get their stuff off of Aliexpress.
Linky
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$42 shipped?!?
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the deal with Aliexpress? Is it a legit website (this question isn’t really targeted at LTP products)?
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an Alibaba company, so quite real.

Rugby Media Dude-earfulofdirt.com

Hooker training for the Sport of Scrum-Halves [Triathlon]
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
What is the deal with Aliexpress? Is it a legit website (this question isn’t really targeted at LTP products)?

Yeah you can get some good stuff off there. I've bought fake Oakleys for the frame, putting my original lenses in.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
What is the deal with Aliexpress? Is it a legit website (this question isn’t really targeted at LTP products)?

It's a website that links manufacturers (typically Chinese ones) with purchasers cutting out the retail middleman. Quality varies. Shipping time is slow. Prices reflect it.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So they make fake, look-a-like-products and sell them at a fraction of the cost? Ok, I always wondered.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems they have wattie ink and ryzon too! huzzah! now i can look pro without the price tag :D
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ever used these knockoff Chinese kits? I bet they’re similar quality as the real thing at a fraction of the cost. I would have no problem buying from them as it’s hard to justify the 88% mark up.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
What is the deal with Aliexpress? Is it a legit website (this question isn’t really targeted at LTP products)?


It's a website that links manufacturers (typically Chinese ones) with purchasers cutting out the retail middleman. Quality varies. Shipping time is slow. Prices reflect it.

So basically the authentic LTP ordering experience, but cheaper?
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
I would have no problem buying from them as it’s hard to justify the 880% mark up.

FTFY.


WelshinPhilly wrote:
So basically the authentic LTP ordering experience, but cheaper?


And you know going into it what to expect so you can only be pleasantly surprised if it shows up in 2 weeks instead of 7.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My n=1 experience ordering from a vendor on AliExpress was that they sent me 1 of a quantity 3 order and called it a day. The dispute process was basically a joke stacked in the favor of the vendor, and I finally disputed w/ the credit card and received the difference back. Personally, I wouldn't order through their site again, though I'm sure there have been plenty of satisfied customers who do.
Quote Reply

Prev Next