Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any of you guys ride same saddle for road & TT bike?
Quote | Reply
I.e. Cobb 55. Bontrager etc. or you use completely different saddles?
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you guys ride same saddle for road & TT bike? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do. Specialized power saddle on both. From memory my wife got one first which I gave a go on the road bike (was still using the standard piece of rubbish that came with it) before giving it a go on the tt bike (replacing ISM adamo). Haven't looked back since! I also like the little screw holes on the rear of the saddle for lights/BTS bottles etc!

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you guys ride same saddle for road & TT bike? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fizik Arione Classic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Power is really great and I used it for both setups. However when I changed to a more aggressive Tri-Position I moved so far forward on the saddle that I had to switch to a split-nose (ISM PN3.0). But I guess that is a personal matter and also depends on your riding position and the bike. My max seat-tube angle is 76° - would it be more I could probably move the saddle further forward (and thus make better use of the split in the Power saddle).

Anyway, Specialized Power is definetely worth a try!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ISM Prologue for both bike. Great saddle. I am old and do not have an aggressive position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bontrager Hilo (first generation). About the on.y semi split-nose saddle for a person with narrow sit bones.
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you guys ride same saddle for road & TT bike? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's actually a TT bike, and not a clip-on setup and not a tri bike, I can't see why you would.

The way the rules are for TT bikes in that world of bike racing kind of determines why saddles for the most part look how they do. The whole 5cm back from the crank thing (short cranks are a way around this if you can pass the morphological test).

Way I see it, even if it's a used cheapo bike, if you can own multiple bikes you can run the saddle on each one that works best for the job.

I love my Arione R3 on my roadie. The second I set that bike up for TT, I hate that saddle. If I was "into" it more and had more than maybe two events a year of 1/2 an hour each, I'd totally buy a 2nd saddle even though it's the same bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you guys ride same saddle for road & TT bike? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep ... Bontrager Hilo on the TT bikes, the road and the gravel bikes! Perfect saddle for me. Unfortunately, I can't make it UCI-legal for the upcoming Masters Natz TT. Experimenting and hating most of what I try.

Stay aero my friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it in 2005 with Specialized Power, now I'm doing it again with Pro Stealth (after periods on Cobb Rondee and Fizik Mistica on the TT bike). My road position is pretty aggressive since I spend a lot of time riding alone or with only a few others, so it makes sense to have a saddle I can get low in front on.
Quote Reply