Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any info on Litespeed forks????
Quote | Reply
I'm getting a new Litespeed and am curious about their forks. Does anyone have any info on who makes their forks or if they're any good or if I should consider upgrading in the near future?
Quote Reply
Re: Any info on Litespeed forks???? [Permaneo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they're made by time, i believe, and they are fairly descent road forks. not the most aero, but comfortable and sure. if you are trule in pursuit of speed, then an upgrade to a deeper bladed fork would be in order, but i would give the fork a try before you right it off. i'm actually in in the process of upgrading myself from the standard road fork which came on my saber, to a more aero profile design fork. you'll likely lose some of the comfort characteristics that are inherent in road forks if you decide to go the aero route.
Last edited by: golferboy: Dec 24, 02 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: Any info on Litespeed forks???? [golferboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've sold a lot of these Litespeed forks. I am a bit embarrased to admit I don't know who makes them. They are fine forks however, no problems here. Havin said that, on a great bike like a Saber (or any Litespeed) upgrading the forks is one of the few things you can do that will simultaneously save weight, improve ride quality, and perhaps give better aerodynamics. It's hard to be the Reynolds Aero fork. Awesome. The new Oval Cobb fork looks interesting also, but no experience yet. My opinion: spend a few extra bucks on a nice fork, makes a big difference. Happy Holidays!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put a 40mm rake Litespeed on a Talon, and it rides better than the 43 mm Kestrel fork that came with it.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Litespeed's forks (as well as many others including Quintana Roo and Orbea's Zeus house brand) are made by Sintema. These forks have good quality and are a bit overbuilt. If possible get a Reynolds upgrade for the Litespeed. Reynolds' are arguably the finest forks made.

Enjoy your new bike.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Last edited by: SuperDave: Dec 27, 07 18:52
Quote Reply
Re: Any info on Litespeed forks???? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Litespeeds all came with Look forks.....

And yes, the Ouzo Pro is a great fork.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply