Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Any guys out there have laser hair removal?
Quote | Reply
As I am de-furring for IMMoo in my hotel room today, I am AGAIN lamenting how much time I spend on this. So, once again, I think about laser hair removal. I'm talking legs only.

Any other guys out there have this done? Worth it? Mistake? Thoughts from anyone else (on a guy getting laser hair removal)?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend (female) received pretty bad scarring on her arms due to laser hair removal, seeing that should make most say hell no
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is just to unmanly!
You may lose your man card for this post

Slowtwitch bitchist place on planet earth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let the flogging begin!!! It's posts like this that keep me coming back to this forum!

"Paulo knows where to find me."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is only one circumstance in which it is acceptable for a gentleman to have a laser pointed at him:

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is THAT how they do laser hair removal???? Oh crap.

Just start talking about Operation Grandslam, and Auric will shut off the laser.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [Jagerstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
A friend (female) received pretty bad scarring on her arms due to laser hair removal, seeing that should make most say hell no
Well, that's the kind of stuff that scares me.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [cheyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
that is just to unmanly!
You may lose your man card for this post

Oh come on. We wear tights, spandex, and shave our fick'n legs and I lose my man card for asking about removing the damn hair was a frick'n "laser beam" so I don't have to go by "Lady Bics" every couple weeks??? That's not fair!

What if I have it done by sharks with frick'n laser beams on their heads???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's got a point.

I think we all lose our man card every time we shave our legs.

But still, with laser hair removal you'd lose it permanently. As it stands I'm still able to grow it back for 3 seasons of the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you're good to go on a back as man....but legs...where so you stop the laser??

http://slow-triathlete.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [slow triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think you're good to go on a back as man....but legs...where so you stop the laser??
I would want a technician with a VERY steady hand...

Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [Suderdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I think we all lose our man card every time we shave our legs."
-------------------------------------
As long as the chicks dig it...you can have my man card ;)

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure it makes a difference...

"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." Po "The Dragon Warrior", Kung-Fu Panda
Last edited by: usctriguy: Sep 6, 08 14:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friend (female) is also going through this. She has gone to about 6-8 sessions on her legs and paid $2400 for a 1 year package. She isn't happy with the results so far. I shave my legs about 2 or 3 times a year - just for races - and can't justify the cost or hassle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hair Today Gone Tomorrow

I had my back done(8-ish treatments, little pain during and pain afterwards). I am very pleased with the results.

The only problem is that you must be tan-free, actually almost pale.

I really want to have my neck done so I don't have to shave it, but can never find a time when I am pale enough to do even a test shot.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had it done, 1 session many years ago. Never could justify going back for the amount of pain, hassle and cold cash required to get it done. I have noticed over the years that the number of recommended sessions has gone from 3 to 6, now 8+.

My brother did the whole shmeer 2 years ago, 8 sessions. It makes the hairs slightly less dark and slightly less curly. But it is still perfectly obvious, in no way does it make one lick of difference in cosmetic appearance. If it's an area you are shaving now you'll still be shaving it after you get it done and you'll be a lot poorer.

I can say that it takes a long time to grow back in. So you do go a good 6 months or so before it starts back in fully. But in a year or two you are right back where you were to start. I also noticed that they often recommend "touch up" sessions. So it's basically a pretty long lasting hair removal but by no means permanent.
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [cheyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Does this guy lose his man card for shaving? He does legs, arms, chest...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For legs only, it can be good solution to go for laser treatment. If you hairs are not that dark and thick then you can go for any hair removal cream or wax too. My husband prefer laser treatment to be done on his underarms only. As, his legs hairs are thin and fair so he use razor to remove them. What kind of hairs do you have in your legs?

Here is some of our safety guidelines and tips for laser hair removal.
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jyeager wrote:

He loses his man card for looking like a deformed freak. The fake tan does not help either.
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [lorrimoris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Over 6 years without a reply and you bump a thread about laser hair removal? Seriously??
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [kmill23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's what happens when you google "buff dude in tight shorts" on New Years Eve eve.
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [kmill23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not to mention as his/her first post. Well done.
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
jyeager wrote:

He loses his man card for looking like a deformed freak. The fake tan does not help either.

That, and the raisins he is likely packing.
Quote Reply
Re: Any guys out there have laser hair removal? [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but he's in the lava field at kona!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many clinics and spas that perform laser hair removal market this treatment for permanent results. This wording can be tricky and before you set out to achieve a hair-free area, you should know what to expect.

Here is some of our safety guidelines and tips for laser hair removal.
Quote Reply

Prev Next