Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any feedback on speed laces in a bike shoe?
Quote | Reply
This was in the lace-up cycling shoe topic as a short side-bar to using a laceup shoe for tri for ease of entry.

I'm not interested in the aero for this particular shoe or ease of entry, it's my gravel/cross shoe. I could care less how quick it goes on. I'm just asking because I like how the speed laces feel on my running shoes and how the lock mechanism works.

Anyone done it and had feedback? Would they be too loose for running in CX and pedalling? I just like the idea of being able to put them on and get them "just so" and having that locking mechanism in place so that while riding nothing comes loose and can tuck the finished lace ends under easily also.

Too much elastic for a cyclocross sprint?
Quote Reply
Re: Any feedback on speed laces in a bike shoe? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't that feeling you're describing exactly what BOA laces do?

The elastic would definitely scare me in a sprint, I think it would feel quite loose.

Seems to be a good idea for tri shoes with some solid potential aero benefit too:
http://www.thomasgerlach.com/...es-aerodynamics.html
Quote Reply
Re: Any feedback on speed laces in a bike shoe? [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
Isn't that feeling you're describing exactly what BOA laces do?

Smart consideration. You're exactly right on the BOA. Sometimes I just need a person looking at it on the outside to say "hey dummy!".
Quote Reply