Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [RollHard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a ninja and it works well for what I want it to do. I think I paid $120 at the time, and I would easily say it's 5x better than a $30 blender...which I have tried.

My parents have a blendtec. It works really well, but not 3x better than the ninja for my uses.
Quote Reply
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we have a Magimix le blender at work and its fantastic. We also have a Biochef at home which we picked up for AU$300. Both make fantastic smoothies.
Quote Reply
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [grubba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At first I thought the Vitamix was crazy expensive….but I figured I would use it a bunch. I use it at least twice a day, 3-4 timers per day on the weekends. I use it more than the microwave, stove, oven…….so if you think about cost per use, it isn't that bad. I have had a couple of the $50 and $100 models mentioned here and burned them up….literally. If it broke tomorrow, I would buy another one the same day.

I went with the model that will store on the back of my counter (under the cabinets)…some models do not, and I am glad I purchased on that does….thought I would pass that along to keep in mind when deciding which model.
Last edited by: NeverEnough: Feb 3, 14 17:34
Quote Reply
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [grubba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the trick is to look for the one that has 2-3hp motor and +1000w

anything less and it will not be strong enough to be used daily.
Last edited by: grubba: Feb 3, 14 17:36
Quote Reply
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [RollHard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the original Nutri Bullet and use it daily. Works well. There is also a new, higher power, Nutri Bullet out which is bigger and I would try if/when mine burns out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cooksillustrated rated this as well as vitamix at half the cost, have been using it for a couple years works great.

http://www.amazon.com/...rds=Breville+blender

~

Eric - "Train Smart, Race Smart, Finish Strong"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After killing 3 $80 blenders in 18 months, i broke down and bought a Blendtec. I will never, ever go back. Totally worth the price tag.
Quote Reply
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [kwick65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree on the Ninja. Have been using one for about a year now. Thought I would save some money and that it would be just as good, if not better than the Vitamix (that infomercial dude is persuasive). Now every time I make a shake, I long for a Vitamix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just purchased the Kitcheaid Diamond Vortex..... $149.99 brand new.... Not as strong as the Vitamix but it can demolish an entire orange in a few seconds (with peel)..... It's very powerful.....

Hook Em' Horns
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought my wife a vitamix 750 for christmas (it's what she wanted) and she loves it and it makes great smoothes and soups, it was worth the money in my opinion.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
another Ninja vote. Use it daily with no complaints. Think I paid $99
Quote Reply
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [SAMSON] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ninja works great for everything we use it for. Unless you're planning on opening up a Smoothie King franchise it will work out just fine for 99% of most consumers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both the Vitamix and the Blendtec can make nut butter from regular nuts in less than 1 minute. Is that a useful feature? I think it is.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grubba wrote:
the trick is to look for the one that has 2-3hp motor and +1000w

Horsepower is just another unit of measurement for power.

1hp=745.7w
Quote Reply
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [tkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tkos wrote:
Both the Vitamix and the Blendtec can make nut butter from regular nuts in less than 1 minute. Is that a useful feature? I think it is.

I make almond butter once a week with my Blendtec (BTW: Blendtec has a special Twister jar for nut butter which works great). Almond butter cost about $10 for a good brand. Say you buy 40 of these per year, that's $400 for you. you can buy a huge bag of raw almond butter from Costco for about $20 that will last you for over a month.
That's by itself justified the price for me. Plus, I know exactly what's in my nut butter.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife has a Magic Bullet and loves it, but it does not measure up to the BlendTec. It is incredible what that BlendTec can do, but man it is loud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We were in the same situation as you. We got a Breville BBL605XL Hemisphere Control Blender for about $200. We've had it a year and use in several times a week w/ frozen fruit, etc. Very good experience.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vitamix are great- Had one for 20 years- Wife broke it 2 days before a trip to Boise 70.3. Ordered a 3 blenders.com model and they delivered it the same day!.

I've had it for 2 years now and love it. Can't say if it will last as long as the Vitamix but has better features IMO. Plus its only $279.-http://www.3blenders.com/

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I REALLY wanted to register for a Vita Mix when my wife and I got married 2 years ago. We figured nobody would buy it for us, so we registered for a Ninja.

Right now I wish we hadn't registered for either and had just bought the damn Vita Mix. I find myself wanting to make a smoothie and not because I know what is going to come out of the Ninja.

I recommend getting a Stages PM instead of a Quarq and spending the rest on your Vita Mix!

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RollHard wrote:
450 bucks is a lot for a blender. I know the are nice, but is there anything out there that is almost as nice?

$450 for a Blender, you're kidding me!

I use this at least once a day, blends straight into a travel mug so I can just Blend and Go. Cuts through ice, frozen fruit and anything else I've put in it. never had an issue. Ł40 in the UK.
http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-INT/All-products/Blenders-Mixers-and-Meat-Grinders/Smoothie-makers/Smoothie2GO-SB054-0WSB054001/
Quote Reply
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tovi wrote:
I still don't get why someone would spend that much money on a blender.
If you are only making a few smoothies a week, sure. If you are making vegan/raw recipes every day it's worth every penny. On average we use our Vitamix 4x a day (fresh nut milk, smoothies, veg dips, nut butter) but if we are making raw meals or emulsifying food to put in the dehydrator, the Vitamix is being used for virtually 2-3 hours straight. I had the same feelings as a lot of you folks until we ran through several cheapo $99 blenders. Depends on what you're using it for. Jo-blow average triathlete dude can probably get by with a bargain blender.
Quote Reply
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tovi wrote:
I still don't get why someone would spend that much money on a blender. I bought one at Costco for $50 3-4 years ago and its been able to handle everything I throw at it. Yes, sometimes I need to help it out a bit cause the top doesn't blend, but is that really worth an extra $400 bucks?

I'd rather use that for when I get a power meter.

Apples and oranges, we use the vitamix more because it does more. Smoothies, ice cream, nut butters, coffee grounds, wheat, you name it. I'm 30 years old, $400 for a blender that will probably last me for the rest of my life, not all that expensive. We eat better because of it.

A power meter isn't a lifetime investment, but hey knock yourself out.
Quote Reply
Re: Any blenders out there similar to Vitamix w/out the price tag? [chris948] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I wish I wouldn't have bought my Vitamix"

Said no one ever.
Last edited by: 1xatbandcamp: Feb 4, 14 11:44
Quote Reply

Prev Next