Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Advice is Appreciated
Quote | Reply
I'm purchasing a Talon SL 52cm Height 68in, Sternum Notch 56in, Inseam 30.75in, Arm Length 24in, Shoulder Width 18in, 160 lbs.

Used for Mostly Tri-Racing and Training for Ironman goal in late '04, Flat training ground in Florida, Training Wheels Cane Creek Aero.

D/A crank 170. Unsure if it should go to 172.5

Kestrel Talon Sl Dual position Seatpost or Profile Design FF or Thompson Set Back Seatpost

D/A BB, D/A Fr. Der., D/A Rr. Der., D/A Bar Ends, Chris King Headset, D/A Chain, D/A 11-21 and 12-25 Cassettes, Speedplay X2 Pedals, Hed Aerobars, Michelin Pro Race, Fr. and Rr. Hed 3 carbon wheels 700c Clinchers, San Marco Azoto Tri-Gel.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Advice is Appreciated [Superman777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a really nice bike. Merry Christmas.

You have a pretty short inseam. I would stick with the 170s. I would also be worried about being able to get low enough with 700c wheels with your height and inseam. Maybe yes, maybe no. Give that some very serious thought.

I wouldn't bother with the DA cassettes for anything but hilly races. Uses ultegra otherwise.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Advice is Appreciated [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank You for taking the time to reply, your knowledge is appreciated.

My assumption was 700c less resistance on such a flat state. Also Why Ultegra Cassettes?
Quote Reply
Re: Any Advice is Appreciated [Superman777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is all about fit. The 650 wheels may be necessary to get a good aero position. They may not. It depends on the bike and how aggressive you want to get.

Nothing wrong with DA cassettes, just that they are expensive. Their only advantage is weight.
Quote Reply