Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another take on seat post angle
Quote | Reply
This article makes an argument for 75/76 degrees, which is seemingly becoming an increasingly more popular opinion. He also mentions that there are few bikes built with 75/76 degree seat post angles. It seems to me that building a bike at 75/76 degrees would be ideal in is much with the typical 4 cm or so of fore/aft seat movement this would cover 74-78 degrees. Some manufacturers such as Cervelo get around the problem with their variable seat post but other manufacturers without this option on a 78 degree seat post have painted themselves into a corner for those who prefer to ride more shallower. Interesting to note that Yaqui and Cervelo have brought out two new 75/76 seat post angle bikes.

http://www.tri-ecoach.com/art7.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Another take on seat post angle [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leaving aside the main thrust of the matter for a moment, i am amused at the lack of historical awareness. back in the cycling "rennessaince" of the late 70's and early to mid eighties the most commonly seen seat tube angle on the benchmark italian frames was in fact 74 or 75 degrees, or even 76 on smaller bikes. the "traditional" road geomertry of 72.5 to 73.5 was most recently popularized by lemond, for the most part, after this period. main point being this is hardly new stuff. it is what we were all on before greg came along - with his seat slammed back on the rails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems to me that the author can't decide which team to play for. Reminds me of similar things:

Bisexuals

Light Beer

Low Rider SUVs

Extra Value Meals with Diet Coke

I guess the same could be (and has been) said about triathletes.
Last edited by: Pooks: Jan 24, 03 12:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have briefly reviewed this article and found some fundamental inaccuracies. I want to read it in detail but I'm swamped with customers and fits right now. My "off the hip" response is that optimum seat tube angle is a function of the bike's application (aerobars or no aerobars?) and the bodily dimensions of the rider.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply