Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another reason I miss the pool
Quote | Reply
The pool where I swim is excessively chlorinated. As a positive side affect of that chemistry, it seems like my skin takes on some of that chlorine, and it reduces my smelliness factor in subsequent workouts (running, biking, etc). A swim can help out in odor control for like 2 days. It's great.

I suppose it could also be that my sense of smell is deadened by the chlorine, and I just can't smell myself.

Regardless, without this regular Cl treatment, I'm not enjoying the amount of scent management that I need to employ (both for my body and my clothing).

Anyone else miss their chlorination fix?
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason I miss the pool [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will probably live a few months longer, as my body is detoxing from all that chlorine poisoning. I get your point though, at least I had a through cleaning each day, and then a nice shower afterwards, sure my wife misses that part..
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason I miss the pool [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The chlorine bleached my dirty blond hair, into almost white. Just this week, my wife was laughing at me... because she said my darker roots were showing. I also miss the "hairspray" effect the chlorine had on my hair. Now I go out in the wind, and its blown all over the place.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason I miss the pool [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My ears used to always be fresh and clean. Now I discovered that the are full of this nasty orange gunk.
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason I miss the pool [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
My ears used to always be fresh and clean. Now I discovered that the are full of this nasty orange gunk.

Haha....I was thinking about the same. On a plus note for whatever reason my sinuses are not blocked all day and my skin is literally 5 years younger from not being constantly dried out from the pool.

But dammit, life feels like something is wrong without that daily swim. It took me 4 weeks to get used to this new normal where I am not in this weightless environment
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason I miss the pool [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
exxxviii wrote:

Haha....I was thinking about the same. On a plus note for whatever reason my sinuses are not blocked all day and my skin is literally 5 years younger from not being constantly dried out from the pool.

But dammit, life feels like something is wrong without that daily swim. It took me 4 weeks to get used to this new normal where I am not in this weightless environment

THIS^^^^^ Also, i do agree with the OP on odor control. When I swim every day, I have essentially no body odor after my runs and bikes but now, after 6 weeks of no chlorination, i do have some body odor after a sweaty B/R, not a huge amount but more than before.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply