Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another disc question
Quote | Reply
I know a disc will be faster. However, my disc is an older flow wheel. I'm not sure what year since I bought it used. I have an olympic distance race this weekend. A portion of the course is kind of rough chip seal. I just setup my HED jet 6+ tubeless w/ gp5k. How much time would I be losing running those vs my disc w/ gp4k and latex tubes? If it isn't that much I'm going to go tubeless for comfort flat protection.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: Another disc question [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean Flo disc wheel? If so, there website will come close to answering most of your question (assume Flo 60 is same speed as HED 6). I think aerocoach gives you the answer to your tire/tube question. Then just do the maths. But, disc set up will be faster.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 24, 20 5:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tubeless is slower than the same tire + latex tubes?!
Quote Reply
Re: Another disc question [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
Tubeless is slower than the same tire + latex tubes?!

In most cases, yes. If you use a standard (non tubeless version) of a very low friction tire).

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Sep 24, 20 5:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use a rear disc wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Another disc question [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mostly the question was relating to how much slower the HED 6+ vs flo disc. Looks like about 15 sec over 40k. However the gpk5 are about 5 watts faster than the gp 4k. The tubeless vs latex tubes are about equal according to aero coach. So, I think it is worth the extra 10 sec to go tubeless and skip the disc wheel for this race. I guess all I really need to do is get a tubeless disc wheel now. 🤣

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't you put a GP5000 tire on the disc?
Quote Reply
Re: Another disc question [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Why don't you put a GP5000 tire on the disc?

That's a good point. I only bought 2 gp 5k tires, which I already mounted tubeless to the HED wheels last week. I probably should've done more research further out. I just wanted to go tubeless after a couple training flats this summer. So, my options are just based on what I currently have in my parts bin. I have a bunch of GP 4k with good life or brand new. This isn't really an A race, but it is a 2020 A race by default.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd just go with the Hed's. They are tubeless, so less chance of flatting on the rough roads.
Quote Reply
Re: Another disc question [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is a tubeless tire less likely to go flat?
Quote Reply
Re: Another disc question [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless you hit a REALLY big hole that pops off the bead, you won't be pinch flatting on a rock or similar object.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You put down so much power than it likely won’t matter. Just run whatever you want and crush dreams.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply