Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another critique my fit post
Quote | Reply
I have been following various fit threads and picking and trying different things out and ended up in the position seen in the video below, about HIM-IM race effort. I would be very thankful for insights how to improve my fit. I see that that there’s quite a bit movement in the hip area, but lowering saddle make feel cramped and knees don’t like it much. Pads are tilted 15 degrees and that helped me to prevent sliding forward. Cannot move pads lower or further, smallest rise in pad height is 2.5cm (have to switch to PD overmount bars).

My height is 169cm. Bike is Canyon Speedmax CF size small (all spacers removed), Zipp Vuka undermount extensions, Profile Design Aeria Ultimate 100mm stem, Fizik Mistica saddle, 165mm cranks. Helmet Giro Aerohead.

Sorry about the mess in my training room.
Last edited by: timppis: Jul 29, 19 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my fit post [timppis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if only the camera was slightly to the left and turned a degree or two to the right...

I just don't see the goodness in the Canyon CF, as everyone who's serious about their fit has to get aftermarket stems and undermounts to get their fit right.

Other than that, looks pretty good.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your saddle is a very, very small amount high. Lower it 5 mm.

It looks good even if you don't touch a thing.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my fit post [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I just don't see the goodness in the Canyon CF, as everyone who's serious about their fit has to get aftermarket stems and undermounts to get their fit right.

I think the goodness is in the CF SLX.

I couldn’t make the CF work...
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my fit post [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:

I was thinking this you're rocking a fair bit and would help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Headtubes are too tall on almost all tri bikes for people shorter than 5’7” or so who want a peak-aero fit. At least with stems and undermounts it can be done.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Last edited by: Timtek: Jul 29, 19 19:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

I totally agree with you. Bought the bike 2.5 years ago when starting triathlon and at that point I thought that lower and longer setups are just for the pointy end athletes, but how wrong I was. Today I would very probably pick another bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:

Thanks! I will try lowering the saddle a bit. Do you think I should adjust fore-aft of the saddle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timppis wrote:
trentnix wrote:

Thanks! I will try lowering the saddle a bit. Do you think I should adjust fore-aft of the saddle?
no. The height adjustment wouldn’t be enough to make a difference.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lowered my saddle 5mm. Feels a bit more powerful and also the head seemed to drop lower. Any thoughts?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saddle height is good.

You look a bit stretched out, but if it's sustainable you're good.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Saddle height is good.

At least for shorter rides it feels good. If I end up reducing reach, would you do it by bringing pads and extensions back or move saddle forward?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In most cases (assuming the option presents itself), move saddle forward. Raise the saddle 2 mm for every 10 mm it comes forward.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you look fine... time to start riding your bike....

E

timppis wrote:
trentnix wrote:
Saddle height is good.

At least for shorter rides it feels good. If I end up reducing reach, would you do it by bringing pads and extensions back or move saddle forward?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply