Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another One Bites the Dust
Quote | Reply
Redman, a well-run independent 140.6 mi distance triathlon has replaced their ā€œFull Distanceā€ race with a festival menu of shorter events for 2020. The ā€œHalf Distanceā€ event,ā€ 2015 USAT National Long Course Championship remains. Oklahoma City hosted the ITU LC Worlds in 2017. The 140.6 field was small, but the organization and volunteers got many to their first finish line. Great race that I will continue to support. Ironman Tulsa... not complaining, but not surprised.
Last edited by: Wild Horse: Dec 24, 19 3:22
Quote Reply
Re: Another One Bites the Dust [Wild Horse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Writing was on the wall.....

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That stinks. Hopefully their new format is successful
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There were a couple of marathons around my area that are going to half marathons next year. Itā€™s just too much money, time, and effort to keep the course open for less participation. Not only the road closure/traffic control, but the medical and volunteers. The benefits of festival type multiple race events is that you get better participation which brings more sponsors. Participants can also do all the races for the day (5k, 10k, half) for a separate medal, and get in some significant distance.

Iron distance triathlon has lost itā€™s appeal to a lot of people who may have thought of doing it in the past. In my running group the discussions from the new runners who want a significant challenge are half and destination marathons. When I mentioned Ironman one said ā€˜oh, my dad did thatā€™!
Quote Reply