Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Computrainer Question
Quote | Reply
I recently acquired a new computer to run my computrainer. My wife has kicked me off the home office computer and into the basement with the cats. It's actually a better place to work out except for the occaisional waft of dung. In order to get the 3D software downstairs I copied the installed files to CD and moved them across this way. I know it's best to reinstall but I got the 3D V3 when it was downloadable for free and would prefer to not have to pay $80 for it.

My problem is that when I start up Computrainer 3D V3 which I have updated with the patch:

http://www.computrainer.com/...vements_to_3d_v3.htm

(spoken of in an earlier thread), the program does not recognize that my bike is connected to the serial port. It does recognize it if I change the view to be my character and either of the spinscan screens. I have checked that the port assignment is correct and the other computrainer programs (the challenge and coaching software) do recognize the connection.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it.

Cheers in advance,

Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Another Computrainer Question [Richard_M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem after I downloaded the patch. I reseated all of the connections and still was not connected. Then I rebooted. That seamed to fix the problem, which I was very thankful for since I got up at 4 to ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Computrainer Question [Richard_M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you downloaded, did you save the "executable" file, or did you do the install right off the download? If you saved the executable, you might still have it on the old system somewhere, like in a temp directory or something. It's called "3DV3setup.exe". Do a system-wide search of your old machine for that filename.

I copied that file to a CD and moved it to the other computer. The problem with copying the installed files and pieces is that it still isn't in the windows registries.

If you don't have the original download (but can promise that you really "own" it), send me a message with your email address.

Last edited by: Julian: Dec 29, 02 16:02
Quote Reply