Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Bike Fit Question
Quote | Reply
Hi, I've fallen interested in fixed gear bikes lately and currently in the marker for one. I currently ride a 54cm road bike with a 550mm effective top tube and a 110mm stem. The fixed gear bike model that I'm interested in doesn't come in 54cm, but has 53 or 55 cm. The question is, should I go with:

53cm with a 540mm top tube and a 120mm stem, or
55cm with a 560mm top tube and a 100mm stem?

Just want to hear your opinion on which direction seems right to you guys, taking into considering of handling and stack height etc.

Thanks very much.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Bike Fit Question [xcool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do both bike frames have the same seat tube angle?

If so, then your math is good. (if not, then you need to recalculate)

Consider toe overlap. If the smaller one will have your toe hitting the front tire during low-speed parking lot maneuvers (which I find really annoying) then I would go larger. If it's the same either way, I would choose the smaller frame only because it's going to be an ounce or two lighter.

The smaller frame will require more spacers under the stem (or an upturned stem) to get the stack height correct. And that may change the total reach of the bike just a bit (which may mean a recalculation of stem length if you are picky....or you can just get bars with more reach).
Quote Reply