Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another (same?) "must have a ball" Lance-hating Sports writer. Sorry, this is a re-hash of previous post.
Quote | Reply
Just ran across this drivel on MSN Water Cooler.

http://espn.go.com/...tml?partnersite=espn

This guy would rather watch bowling than Lance and the TDF. I hate watching golf, but generally keep it to myself. To each his own and I don't like what this guy writes. Even if I didn't like cycling, I could certainly get behind Lance as a patriotic American and his possible 5th TDF to rival Indurain. This guy gives Sports reporters a bad name.

Perhaps some of you more articulate writers care to send this guy a little piece of your mind. His e-mail address is jmarmstrong@denverpost.com.
Last edited by: haystack: Jul 21, 03 19:05
Quote Reply
Re: Another (same?) "must have a ball" Lance-hating Sports writer. Sorry, this is a re-hash of previous post. [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry, but I had to email him...but the only thing I could muster was:

"You're an idiot."

Brevity is the soul of wit.
Quote Reply
Re: Another (same?) "must have a ball" Lance-hating Sports writer. Sorry, this is a re-hash of previous post. [haystack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to write the guy a reply. Anyone that ignorant and that clueless to what sports are all about doesn't deserve to write about sports.

He probably thinks your win a bike race by wearing a bright jersey. That's why the winner always has a bright yellow jersey on!

Bravo Jim. You sound pretty edumucated.
Last edited by: soloist13: Jul 23, 03 14:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a copy of what I sent the dolt .... I have just finished reading your article on the ESPN website where you slam Lance, cycling and the Tour de France. All I can think of is that you are unbelievably narrow-minded and don't really have much concept of what sports are about. The Denver Post must have very slim pickings for "sports" columnists to employ someone with your attitude towards one of the most challenging sporting events in the world. Regardless of whether or not Lance is participating (his participation has just increased the amount of coverage it gets in the USA) it is a tremendous event requiring athletes with awesome skill, endurance, power and thinking ability. Sports such as baseball, football and basketball may be the be-all and end-all to coach-potato North Americans (except during Olympic years when Americans love track and field and anything else they mange to win a medal at) but many can appreciate other sports as well .
Quote Reply