Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anonymous on SlowTwitch fourm. Why?
Quote | Reply
Why is it that so may people on Slowtwitch fourms are "Anonymous"?

Is it because they don't want spam?

Is it because they are really pro's and don't want their sponsors to know they are commenting on their products?

Is it that they think there comments will be evaluated against there race results?

Is it because they like to talk big and the anonymity adds to there super tri egos?

Is it because they are posers?

Is it because they have multiple id's and are talking to themselves?

Just wondering?

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Anonymous on SlowTwitch fourm. Why? [Goodtime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question, Goodtime!

I've wondered the same thing many times myself. Mostly because many posters here are from Michigan, and I want to know where they are.

Also curious... this threat was read 99 times before a single person repsonded. I believe I'm the first.
Quote Reply
mailing lists [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know that many people do not post their email addresses on a public forum such as this because they don't want to end up on public mailing lists... I personally hate spam and that is why I leave my email address off of my signature
Quote Reply
Re: mailing lists [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think the poster is asking why people don't append their email addresses to their posts. Rather, I think, he is asking why, when you click on so many posters' user names, you get:

A couple of possibilities: (i) didn't feel like typing it in when registering, or (ii) want to hide behind anonymity when making thoughtless posts/personal attacks on others.
Quote Reply
Re: mailing lists [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would tend to assume that people are just lazy... and there are some who genuinely don't want to be known... hey on the internet no one knows that you are a dog right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anonymity is the mother's milk of the internet. It can foster discussion and opinion that might otherwise be stifled.

I wouldn't have it any other way. I post on some forums anonymously, and on others with my name (or psuedo-name, as here). I never give a hoot if somebody else doesn't want their identity known.
Quote Reply
Re: Anonymous on SlowTwitch fourm. Why? [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There have been times when I've made a jackass out of myself on this and other forums when I WISH I posted anonomously!
Quote Reply
Re: Anonymous on SlowTwitch fourm. Why? [chrismaginn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Better an honest jackass with balls than....

What's the bloody First Amendment for, crooks and T.V. evangelists? (sorry for the redundancy)

:),

-Robert, who thinks we take ourselves too seriously 99% of the time.

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i figure, what difference does it make? how do you know a person entered their real name, location, etc. anyway? as far as people making rude and ignorant remarks (as one reply posted) i came to the slowtwitch forum from another triathlon site (which shall remain nameless) that was getting to be full of crap and people putting down one another. after about 6 months of reading this forum (and posting now and then) i have seen far fewer rude, stupid, pointless comments that serve no purpose on this forum. this is, generally, a helpful discussion board without the "mine's bigger than yours" attitude you tend to come across at some other sites. if the information is good, i really don't care what anyone's real name is.

- The Who
Quote Reply
Re: Anonymous on SlowTwitch fourm. Why? [sydnrusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Now back to the aerobar discussion.

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo Goodtime I used to live in Rockville (up until a year ago).

Great place, Beach Drive is awesome for cycling.
Quote Reply