Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Annoying pop up ad

CONGRATULATIONS! we've been getting reports of these again, it's on cell phones, seems to be iphones, we can't (on our side) replicate these. we're trying to isolate what's causing them. working on it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Annoying pop up ad [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Slowman wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS! we've been getting reports of these again, it's on cell phones, seems to be iphones, we can't (on our side) replicate these. we're trying to isolate what's causing them. working on it.

Just FYI - but they've never went away on my phone since the first reports came out.

Small/Non consolation but this is not the only place. I started getting them yesterday from here and from bike forums.

Few times in last week. Waiting for my $500😂 Cant recall if cell phone or iPad

I have been getting popups and re-directs on my Samsung phone.

Re: Annoying pop up ad [mpquick] [ In reply to ]

I’ve gotten them every once in a while over the past few months at letsrun

Matt

Slowman wrote:

Yeah...like HuffnPuff said. These have never gone away---I'm an android user. For a while I was sending most of them on to Ryan. But, I ran out of energy to take the screenshots and email them. Besides, its not isolated to ST---so, I presume you (web sites that serve adds from 3rd parties) are all victims of the same security holes.

But, make no mistake, I get several a day. Its just a question of which one. The last couple of days its been mostly a "sprint (telecom)" advert.

the problem is most likely NOT on your end

https://howtoremove.guide/...ratulations-you-won/

Re: Annoying pop up ad [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]

On Android, not getting an ad pop up, but I do get random scrolling reading threads with my keyboard popping up

Re: Annoying pop up ad [mpquick] [ In reply to ]

mpquick wrote:
Small/Non consolation but this is not the only place. I started getting them yesterday from here and from bike forums.

thanks. but that's faint comfort. we're still looking hard at whether any ads we're hosting are the source of anyone's problem.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Annoying pop up ad [ In reply to ]

closing this down, please comment here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman