Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Announcing the Slowtwitch Rise & Grind
Quote | Reply
the most obvious zwift need, by far, when i poll slowtwitchers, is an early morning ride for those on the east coast. so...

Name: Slowtwitch Rise & Grind
Day: Thursdays, beginning Nov 1
Time: 5:35am EST
Duration: 55min, ending at 6:30am EST
Type: Group Ride
Categories: ABCD
Theme: Hot, social, up to you, but generally each discrete group stays mostly together.

someone off-handedly wrote to me: "I'd like an east coast rise and grind." i inquired, and no zwift event was named "rise & grind." so i appropriated this name.

why this kind of event? when i polled you all, there was no clear consensus. so, this is the closest thing to a race, a social ride, a hot group training ride. it's what you make of it. we'll employ "doubledraft" on this ride, to make it easier to stick. we'll have sweeps for the C and D ride, so if these groups ride a little too hot we'll have a regroup for those who just don't want to ride that hard.

we have all our ride leaders and sweeps, except for an A-group ride leader. i'm sure we'll have our leader by thursday.

our second most obvious need, based on the response i'm getting, is for an all-women's ride. when i've asked you all what you want, this is #2. based on my understanding of the demographics, the percentage of women who want to lead slowtwitch rides on zwift are about double the percentage of women registered on zwift, so, this is a need. a thing. i'm in a discussion with these women now about what event(s) the want, the type, duration, day of week, time of day, and so on. i'd say within a week or two we'll be announcing this.

then will come an early morning central time event, a weekend event, a second EST event on a different weekday, an event mostly for slowtwitchers who live in europe, another just for those who live in australasia, and so on.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Announcing the Slowtwitch Rise & Grind [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This may be the thing that gets me up and training in the morning. I've only participated in two of the evening group rides and I enjoyed them immensely. Thanks for keeping the east coast folks in mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reviving an old thread since we are all stuck at home...

Dan, is there a way to create a Zwift Slowtwitch group ride at 6:30am Central? Now would be a great time to create another one. But the East Coast ride is far too early for a lot of us, especially since we don't have to commute to work right now.

Brett

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Announcing the Slowtwitch Rise & Grind [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Reviving an old thread since we are all stuck at home...

Dan, is there a way to create a Zwift Slowtwitch group ride at 6:30am Central? Now would be a great time to create another one. But the East Coast ride is far too early for a lot of us, especially since we don't have to commute to work right now.

Brett

we have a request by a group for Friday, 6am Pacific, which would be 8am Central i think, would it not? i don't know how much juice i have in getting new rides up and running. so, would this fill the bill for you? or, that 6:30am central is really what you need?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish. Unfortunately, a lot of us have to be "available" and on the phone or email or chat with start-of-the-day calls at 8am to check on our teams/staff. It looks like you'll have the east and west coasts covered with rides that get done before the workday starts, but the midwest is left out. It's ok, I understand. Best group ride before work would be a Slowtwitch one and I didn't see any, so I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply