Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Angle my aero bars and pads
Quote | Reply
This is kind of one of those posts that could go here or in classifieds so my appologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum.

I am looking for some angled spacers to change the angle of my arms rests and aerobars up a bit. I have a 2013 SWorks Shiv (Tri Module). I have the factory fit kit but all of the spacers are flat and my bars/arm rests end up being horizontal. I would like to angle them up 10 degrees or so. Do you guys have any solitions? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Angle my aero bars and pads [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not familiar with your particular set up, but the Aerocoach angled spacers work well.

https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/...spacers-for-aerobars
Quote Reply
Re: Angle my aero bars and pads [chewg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another vote for aerocoach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the aerocoach tilt spacers will tilt the pads, but not the extensions. Just something to keep in mind.

Best solution is buying spacers for the pads, and then matching up J-bends from places like USE that are deep enough to match what measurements you're looking for.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Angle my aero bars and pads [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've just finished a CNC tilt block which will do both the extensions and the arm rests together. Sits as part of the spacer stack with a little selection of threaded inserts to allow it to be universal fit. Allows you to adjust reach as well, should be out for pre orders middle/end of June I hope. Aimed at UCI so is 15deg, with the scope for making higher versions later if needed (or just add extra spacers on top).

If you just want to do the pads then the spacers mentioned above will do the job fine and are much cheaper to get you going! Any Qs please let me know.

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Angle my aero bars and pads [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh cool.

So works with bars like 3T that run the bolts up from underneath the basebar? Most of the solutions I had thought up for them I ended up scrapping because of the angle put on the threads I feared would eventually damage them. Maybe a swiveling section where the threads enter the block?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These is what you are looking for.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Angle my aero bars and pads [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damnit, simple yet ingenious!

Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, specifically designed for 3T bars, Zipps, Pro Missile Evos (probably be the biggest market for Euro UCI TT riders), the generic far eastern bars common on a lot of bikes, Giant Trinity and others too. We've made different inserts for each type of bar so for compatibility we just make up a new insert which is much more cost effective than bespoke stuff.

No angle on the threads, everything is inline (it would be dangerous otherwise!)

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Xavier-When will that Cnc block be available and what cost? ( i did not see it on the aero coach website) I have 3T vola where I want to tilt both extensions and pads
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes when will this be available? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do these fit 3T Brezza II bars? Looking for a solution to tilt

Any idea on price/availability?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xavier wrote:
Yes, specifically designed for 3T bars, Zipps, Pro Missile Evos (probably be the biggest market for Euro UCI TT riders), the generic far eastern bars common on a lot of bikes, Giant Trinity and others too. We've made different inserts for each type of bar so for compatibility we just make up a new insert which is much more cost effective than bespoke stuff.

No angle on the threads, everything is inline (it would be dangerous otherwise!)

Thanks, I’ve been looking for a “system” solution as many of my ideas as above poster mentioned just wouldn’t get the angle or require to many scabbed together parts etc. A few questions:

Timeline?

Will these work with arduro?

Unrelated....is the Brezza base bar a dog aero wise?

ETA: disregard arduro question. I don’t think there is a combo solution there.

Cheers,
Maurice
Last edited by: mauricemaher: Jun 2, 19 20:39
Quote Reply
Re: Angle my aero bars and pads [transgress4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
transgress4 wrote:
In Reply To:
Xavier-When will that Cnc block be available and what cost? ( i did not see it on the aero coach website) I have 3T vola where I want to tilt both extensions and pads

You will be able to fit these to Volas, we have a Vola base bar as one of our test sets. I imagine orders will open towards the end of the month with a 3 week lead time, we just need to do final testing.

Price not confirmed yet, we’re doing everything possible to keep the price down. The final iteration of the tilt block is version 6 or something as the originals would be too expensive to manufacture!

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Re: Angle my aero bars and pads [MrStealYoKOMs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrStealYoKOMs wrote:
Do these fit 3T Brezza II bars? Looking for a solution to tilt

Any idea on price/availability?

Yes they’ll fit the 3T stacker system, also see reply above

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Re: Angle my aero bars and pads [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:

Thanks, I’ve been looking for a “system” solution as many of my ideas as above poster mentioned just wouldn’t get the angle or require to many scabbed together parts etc. A few questions:

Timeline?

Will these work with arduro?

Unrelated....is the Brezza base bar a dog aero wise?

ETA: disregard arduro question. I don’t think there is a combo solution there.

Cheers,
Maurice

Yes unfortunately it would be a full custom job including a stem adapter to work with Aduros. Doable (and you could do something quite nice and integrated as it would just bolt onto the rectangular stem section like the high V mount) but not using standard parts. Anything that has threads in the base bar (Pinarello Bolide is another candidate) won’t work with our tilt block as you need to bolt up from the underside.

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These look great. Are they compatible with Tririg Alpha X compatible?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Xavier,

Will this be similar to the Drag2Zero/Raceware angled riser? I’ve got that in the 15 degree version, coupled with the PD Evo bracket kit. So I can mess with my tilt 5-25 degrees.
Always excited to see new designs!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's what the tilt blocks look like - they are set at 15deg to be UCI compliant but you can use our angled spacers under the arm rests to get more tilt if you wanted:

You take your current extension clamps off the base bar, attach them to the top of a tilt block using short screws, select the correct threaded bar for your aerobars (we're doing Giant, Canyon, ADR, 3T, Pro Missile Evo with plans for others as demand requires), then put bolts up through the base bar into the bottom of the tilt block. They're CNC'd and there'll be thin 3D printed aero matched spacers to go underneath each tilt block to interface nicely with whatever base bar you're using.

They actually allow you to mix and match your extension clamps - so you can run a 3T extension clamp on a set of Pro Missile Evos for example -and because of the long slot along the top you have a bit of reach adjustment too.

Exact pricing still to be determined along with release date, but it'll be weeks rather than months as everything is basically finished now. We did have a load of different designs but settled on this very simple one rather than an adjustable setup as otherwise it would be cost prohibitive and not everyone would have access to them. We have a lot of European customers that need to stay UCI compliant so 15deg was a nice compromise as it gives plenty of extra for UCI as well as non UCI.

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@earthling are these something you found online or manufactured yourself? I'm in need of this exact thing (especially with the slight offset).
Quote Reply
Re: Angle my aero bars and pads [fastcritracer] [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump because I'm curious about the offset ones as well.
@earthling
Quote Reply
Re: Angle my aero bars and pads [arqlol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you get these?

Edit: if they won't work for aduro I'm SOL :(

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Last edited by: palmtrees: May 4, 20 11:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick feedback:
The shims-inserts should really have holes in the middle for Di2-wires...

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@Xavier - Oh they’re flat so most likely will not work with PDs risers as they are curved at the top? Any chance somethign cooking in the kitchen that will be compatible with PD risers?
Quote Reply

Prev Next