Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by jeffp
Last edited by: jeffp: Sep 14, 19 11:50
Re: Anemic? [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to really worry about here from an iron perspective. You are not iron deficient so taking supplemental iron at the moment is not likely to have much benefit.
Your Hb levels is just below the lower limit of the reference range with a haematocrit on the low side as well. Again probably nothing to really worry about, that won't be giving you your symptoms.
With your heart history, I would be more concerned as to whether that is causing your symptoms rather than chasing these blood results. When was your last check up etc and what was done in the first place? (talk privately if you want)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not too much to worry about.....looks like you run on the low side naturally. Have seen this before. My guess....and its only a guess.....that if you're feeling the effects its something else...not your H&H
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could kill for such levels of haemaglobin and Ferritin at present 🤣
(Mine are low and I've an IM in 2 weeks, as discussed on a different thread)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were you sick/having allergy issues when this blood draw happened? I'm looking at the elevated eosinphil count, which if a chronic issue would explain the fatigue because your body is fighting...something.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Post deleted by jeffp [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: jeffp: Jan 29, 20 15:32
Re: Anemic? [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob, I eat a lot of Rice Krispies, rice Chex, and bran flakes to get my iron up. Those cereals have a higher amt of iron than others

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Anemic? [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ingesting metal iron shavings (in fortified cereals) is not the same thing as naturally occurring heme iron from food. I'm unsure which type of iron is detected in blood analysis, but I certainly avoid heavy metals regardless.

The author of this article includes a 2 min video showing a common store bought cereal being processed through a blender and using a magnet to isolate the iron metal shavings.

VITAMIN POISON: UNITED NATIONS FOOD "FORTIFICATION" PROGRAM â˜ ï¸ Part 2ðŸ”ðŸžðŸ¥ž (substack.com)
Last edited by: LegendJeff: Apr 3, 24 8:24
Quote Reply