Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind"
Quote | Reply
Seriously? Dude is soft as a pillow.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...-dauphine-time-trial

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind" [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah....and Wiggo slayed all.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind" [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gust of wind? Did a spectator breathe when he rode past?

-- Aaron Davidson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Seriously? Dude is soft as a pillow.http://www.cyclingnews.com/...-dauphine-time-trial[/quote[/url]]

I'm going to need you to stop insulting pillows like this. They've done nothing to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder how many of us, even if we were gifted the same power to weight ratio as Andrea, would have the toughness and handling skill to make it through to Cat1, and then to a pro tour team, and have the mental and physical toughness to complete even 1 grand tour.

half of us?
10%?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So he's blaming the rear disc? I was under the impression that the disc adds stability (or at least i always tell myself that when I'm getting blown around during a windy TT). Is this not true while cornering? Or is he wrong in his reasoning?

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Quote Reply
Re: Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind" [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I make my comments out of 100% jealousy. I'm not even going to pretend.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind" [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apart from the handling, which I guess could be objectively measured, that really is the big question. I like to think I have just as much drive to push myself to the edge of my abilities and suffer as much as anyone I race against, cat 5, pro, or anything in-between. But who knows, I might be the wimpiest guy who has ever ridden a bike, its really hard to say..

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Quote Reply
Re: Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind" [teebles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teebles wrote:
I make my comments out of 100% jealousy. I'm not even going to pretend.

Oh think it is fair, the little tart needs to start riding the damn tt bike if he wants to win the tour!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
I wonder how many of us, even if we were gifted the same power to weight ratio as Andrea, would have the toughness and handling skill to make it through to Cat1, and then to a pro tour team, and have the mental and physical toughness to complete even 1 grand tour.

half of us?
10%?

Irrelevant.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind" [aidanlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I mean cat 5 through 2 will be pretty breezy with his power to weight ratio, but still at some point you will been in the hospital full of screws and have to decide to keep at it. Probably a couple times.

then at the pro ranks its a pretty nasty grind of a lifestyle.
100 mile race, 100 mile race, 100 mile race, 100 mile race, over and over

aidanlynch wrote:
Apart from the handling, which I guess could be objectively measured, that really is the big question. I like to think I have just as much drive to push myself to the edge of my abilities and suffer as much as anyone I race against, cat 5, pro, or anything in-between. But who knows, I might be the wimpiest guy who has ever ridden a bike, its really hard to say..

Quote Reply
Re: Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind" [Quel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
I disagree, we need clear standards of wimpyness before we start calling Andrea Andrea.

The UCI Defined Scale of Wimpyness goes from Jens Voigt (0) to Andy Schleck (10). Andy Schleck rates at about an Andy Schleck on the scale.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind" [Quel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:

half of us?
10%?

Oh please....aren't you the guy who tells people to run discs pretty much no matter what the wind conditions are? So discs in windy conditions are OK for a bunch of AG'ers, but we can't legitimately criticize one of the top cyclists for his schitty bike handling skills?

Uh, OK.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He probably didn't want to ride the disc that day but knew he'd be laughed at by ST. Definitely better to crash out than to have a thread mocking you for not running a disk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Intentional crash so crappy time will be ignored by media and the boss?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quel wrote:
jackmott wrote:
I disagree, we need clear standards of wimpyness before we start calling Andrea Andrea.

The UCI Defined Scale of Wimpyness goes from Jens Voigt (0) to Andy Schleck (10). Andy Schleck rates at about an Andy Schleck on the scale.

LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
next time I won't fart when he pass by me on his TT bike...

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind" [camaleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am so starting to lose all respect for Andy Schleck. He really doesn't show any toughness at all. No wonder Johan Bruyneel is frustrated, with Armstrong he had the hardest working racer ever on his team followed closely by Contador. Now he needs to try and win the Tour with Andy schleck? Seriously?

Quote | Reply
He already "won" the tour so he's just phoning it in now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"a sudden gust caught his rear disc wheel"

Jack, say it ain't so! Rear discs don't impact handling, you promised me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the thing we all have to remember in these pro TTs is that the pros are pushing their limits in handling. Schleck was very likely trying to ignore the buffeting winds and just focus on power, power, power, but overdid it.

You see pro cyclists crashing all the time, even on seemingly benign roads, and not just because they're dog-tired. When you're aggressively racing, things that would be unfathomable to wipe out on in even hard training, become a real threat when you're distracted by all the race issues at hand (and in pro cyclists cases, crazy spectators and camera vehicles to complicate the matter.)

I've been horrified with the number of big potholes I've hit in sprint/oly bike legs, even while not redlining. YOu're just distracted by a lot of things and what would normally not faze you all of a sudden surprises you when you don't notice it.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrea Schleck crashes in Dauphine TT...blames "gust of wind" [Redrocket22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HORNER HORNER HORNER HORNER HORNER HORNER HORNER HORNER!!!

I am a shack fan, but I am thinking that we are going for stage wins this year?
Quote Reply

Prev Next