Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [AlexG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Speed Concept Gluxcapater 2.0 and Kona 2013.

Citius, Altius, Fortius
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to her improvements. It's always tough to hear about accidents like this. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Why don't we take a 5 minute brake...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get better soon Amy!
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Sending healing vibes Amy's way.
Last edited by: TashaSkippy: Sep 17, 12 13:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mom lives in Ortonville. Whenever I visit her, I think that it'd be both a great and a terrible place to train since the roads seem pretty open but there are zero shoulders and the cars go flying by at 55+ mph, which makes me worry about how considerate they are to cyclists or if they're even aware of them. I hope that your friend pulls through.

Mediocre Athlete: Stumbling across the finish line since 2008.
http://www.mediocreathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [trigreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best wishes to Amy and her family and friends through such a tough time. Love the look on her face in the photo with Chrissy!

This could have been any one of us - something that I'm more aware of now days having had a bike crash earlier this year which left me in hospital. I was VERY lucky. But Amy not so much. That's the dice we roll every time we go out.

All the best Amy, and hope to hear you're doing doing a lot better by the time you might read this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [trigreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trigreek wrote:
New Speed Concept Gluxcapater 2.0 and Kona 2013.
I rode with her in Kona last year when she got the new Gluxcapacitator. She was soo happy to have that bike and be off the old one. Looked so good riding it too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know Amy, but sending all my positive thoughts her way. Tough times ahead, but all signs point to her being tougher. Hoping for a terrific outcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard about this yesterday and was completely shocked. Not only about Amy being hit, but also where she was hit was not too far from my normal routes. She is definitely in my thoughts and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery. Alex, please keep the updates coming.

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [Tom3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom3 wrote:
I heard about this yesterday and was completely shocked. Not only about Amy being hit, but also where she was hit was not too far from my normal routes.

Another (unfortunate) reason I won't ride on Oakland county roads outside of a Metropark. Stony, Island Lake, Kensington is it. And CX on Paint Creek/Clinton River.

Amy, thoughts and prayers with you for a great outcome, and speedy recovery. Heal up. :)

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thoughts and prayers for her

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [Rick in the D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rick in the D wrote:
Tom3 wrote:
I heard about this yesterday and was completely shocked. Not only about Amy being hit, but also where she was hit was not too far from my normal routes.

Another (unfortunate) reason I won't ride on Oakland county roads outside of a Metropark. Stony, Island Lake, Kensington is it. And CX on Paint Creek/Clinton River.

Amy, thoughts and prayers with you for a great outcome, and speedy recovery. Heal up. :)

I here a lot of bad cycle stories from my friends on the east side. There seems to be a lot of anti-cyclist anger over there.

Quote | Reply
sorry to hear about this. hoping she makes a speedy recovery. to much of this happening....

~sarcasm saves lives
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlexG wrote:
A friend of mine was hit by a semi this weekend near my house. Her name is Amy Gluck. She's a top female age grouper. Multiple trips to Kona and age group wins. She is currently in critical condition in a medically endured coma at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. She a very strong person and could really use the support of the community. Please keep Amy in your thoughts during this tough time.

Keeping her in my thoughts. Positive thoughts from the south and please keep us updated. We're all thinking of her.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From a facebook update from one of her close friends (AC)

Amy is still in critical but stable condition. She was able to have her clavicleand femur surgically repaired. We anticipate the other fractures will be repaired later this week. Please continue your positives thoughts and prayers.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery....scary stuff...
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [KMG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Terrible. Wishing you a speedy recovery Amy.
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking of her....and her family.

Heal well Amy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is great to hear she is improving!

Train Harder...Race Faster!
http://www.dbmnutrition.com
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [DBM Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBM Tri wrote:
That is great to hear she is improving!

She is in out thoughts.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is at my hospital and is/ will receive the best of care!

Todd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She sounds like an extremely tough lady. Heal up quickly Amy. Let us know if there is anything we can do to cheer her up while in the hospital.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big cheers for Amy and I am sure that all the strength from those days on the lavafields will make her mentally strong for her recovery and soon enough, we'll be writing about more wins from her. Keep your head up Amy and good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Amy Gluck hit by a semi [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wishing for a speeding recovery.
Even Chrissie Wellington has tweeted about Amy.

Twitter@Forsey37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope she gets well soon.
Quote Reply

Prev Next