Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
stevej wrote:
It just crossed my mind..... it might just be a drag2zero tubular disc with Enve decals on it. I would bet that's what it is.

Anyway.... sounds like an awesome opportunity and even better experience. Once in a lifetime..... freakin awesome. You have to record some video on a gopro or something to show us mortals how much fun you will have.

Thanks man, I’ll get a camera on it somehow!! Hopefully NBCSN is taking video of it as well ;)

Find out if you're gonna have a team car following you. Hook up a GoPro to that.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have nothing of value to add other than this is super cool! What an opportunity!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
Thanks man, I’ll get a camera on it somehow!! Hopefully NBCSN is taking video of it as well ;)
If NBC is the broadcast partner, they may own the exclusive rights to the broadcast/recording equipment use. What do the contest rules say?

Also, awesome for you!!

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watch out for the manhole covers, and try not to get chicked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done!! You're just killing it on Watopia.

In the immortal words of Joe Madden...."Try not to suck" :-)

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome!! Enjoy the experience
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

I'll do my best to accomplish both of these things, Coggan. Hunter Allen bet $10 I'd take a top 20 split including the pro field haha...not quite sure I believe him, but if I can avoid getting chicked hopefully I'll do pretty well haha
Last edited by: TriowaCPA: Apr 25, 18 13:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kick @ss cause that is kick @ss
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watch out for the manhole covers, and try not to get chicked. ///

(-; There are probably only 3 people here that will get this, you, me, and uhmmm?
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

(-; There are probably only 3 people here that will get this, you, me, and uhmmm?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's super fucking awesome. Nice work, kick some ass, and have fun.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ever even ridden a fixed gear, Shaun?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe it is spelled Shawn...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philly1x wrote:
TriowaCPA wrote:

If NBC is the broadcast partner, they may own the exclusive rights to the broadcast/recording equipment use. What do the contest rules say?

Also, awesome for you!!

Thanks man. NBC is the partner for the actual event later in the day, but I'll be riding the course before the pros launch that afternoon.

I did learn today that I'll at least have a follow car with a Zwift employee probably to make sure I'm okay if I crash haha. I'm gonna throw a GoPro on the hood if they'll allow! Should make for a badass video!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
TennesseeJed wrote:
You don't get to keep the bike do you?

Oh man, I wish!! I'm hoping they let me keep the skinsuit at least haha. We'll see!

“Relieve” yourself and claim it as your own.

Scott

Edit; I see someone beat me to the punchline.

Congrats on a great opportunity and good luck! Be sure to keep us posted.
Last edited by: GreatScott: Apr 26, 18 12:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Was this the infamous wreck a few years ago in this same race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

hah nice.

Poor Dan

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

I think reading about that incident was how I discovered ST. Then I split my collarbone in a TT not long after.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats dude! Amazing opportunity. Please update thread with any video or photos you wish to share when you do it.

Just make sure the route doesn't have any weird bumps or speed bumps. Reading a book where a pro tour guy didn't practice the bunny hop and caught the rear tire on the bump and the saddle almost took his manhood away.

FWIW, I'm a joe-blow nobody cat 5 racer. The difference between decent kit and really tuned in kit for the occasion can easily be 1/2 mph. I was surprised the difference my low budget (under $150) skinsuit performed versus a higher dollar road race team kit. At only 26mph even.

I was around 24.5 mph in practice at a similar power, but a skinsuit and TT helmet took it to close to 26 in the race.

I can't imagine in the closer to 30mph range what a tuned in modern TT bike and skinsuit would be versus my piddly little setup. You're going to fly!

Just promise us that you'll give it the beans! You don't have to run the entire stage race like they do, so you can in theory give it a harder all out effort. Hacking cough or dry heaving for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really cool opportunity - be sure to post afterwards and let us know what it was like.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nightfend wrote:
I guarantee you will beat many of the pros times.

I don't know. We have a pretty good history now of this amateur TT event at the ToC. Plenty of very fast amateurs and triathletes (e.g. Chris McCormack, Lieto, Rapp in their primes) trying to beat pro times. And, so far, it's not been terribly kind to us. Macca, I think, has done the best, coming in like 56th place (if placed with the pros), over 4 minutes back from Tony Martin

I have a buddy with a (legit) 390W FTP @ 80kg who did the amateur ToC TT last year. And completely dialed in aero-wise. He was sure he was going to annihilate all the Andy Schleck types.

He didn't. He placed somewhere in the 90's, if placed with the pros.

Het said the biggest difference is that the pros all took the corners at speeds he was terrified of. (and he's a good all-around cyclist). And these were guys mostly just cruising to make the Stage 6 time cut.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
Have you ever even ridden a fixed gear, Shaun?

What are your qualifications to give advice on swimming?
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
nightfend wrote:
I guarantee you will beat many of the pros times.

I don't know. We have a pretty good history now of this amateur TT event at the ToC. Plenty of very fast amateurs and triathletes (e.g. Chris McCormack, Lieto, Rapp in their primes) trying to beat pro times. And, so far, it's not been terribly kind to us. Macca, I think, has done the best, coming in like 56th place (if placed with the pros), over 4 minutes back from Tony Martin

I have a buddy with a (legit) 390W FTP @ 80kg who did the amateur ToC TT last year. And completely dialed in aero-wise. He was sure he was going to annihilate all the Andy Schleck types.

He didn't. He placed somewhere in the 90's, if placed with the pros.

Het said the biggest difference is that the pros all took the corners at speeds he was terrified of. (and he's a good all-around cyclist). And these were guys mostly just cruising to make the Stage 6 time cut.

This is the kind of shit I needed to know! Thank you. There's a steep descent with tight hairpin turns, which I'm sure the pros will do with their eyes closed faster than I will.

I'll give it my level best, but at the end of the day, I realize I'm a mortal and work full time, while running and swimming on top of my cycling.

Whatever happens, happens!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to hearing how things go today!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply

Prev Next