Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

American Zofingen 2019 - free spot for US armed forces member (past or present)
Quote | Reply
I am registered for the 2019 Am Zof but am unable to compete. I have decided to donate my entry fee to a past or present member of the US armed forces. RD has approved the transfer. Please message me if you or anyone you know would like my spot.

2016 Specialized Shiv Pro Race 1x
2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 - free spot for US armed forces member (past or present) [ryryrocco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump because this is an epic event

https://www.americanzofingenduathlon.com/

Short Course
The short course consists of 1 - run, 1 - bike, 1 - run. A total of 10 miles running with 1600 feet of elevation gain and 28.06 miles biking with 2,970 feet of elevation gain. PAST WINNING TIMES - MEN 2:49:58 WOMEN 3:29:01

Chris Gleason Memorial - Middle Distance F1 style
The middle distance consists of 1 - run, 1 - bike, 1- run, 1- bike, 1- run. A total of 15 miles running with 2,400 of elevation gain and 56.12 miles of biking with 5,940 feet of elevation gain. PAST WINNING TIMES - MEN 5:15:13 WOMEN 6:35:25

Long Course
The Epic long course consists of 1 - run, 3 - bike loops and 3 run loops. For a total of 20 miles of running with 3,200 feet of elevation gain and 84.2 miles biking with 8,910 feet of elevation gain. PAST WINNING TIMES - MEN 7:33:21 WOMEN 9:27:07

2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 - free spot for US armed forces member (past or present) [ryryrocco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump!

Sorry you can’t make it, but very cool of you to do this!

C’mon people - all the run/bike/beer/heckling action you could ever want, in an incredibly beautiful and challenging venue.

HOO-AH!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would personally reach out to any armed forces triathlete if I knew any. As it is, the armed forces guys I know live nowhere near here and don't bike.

This is a really fun, low key race and I wish people were as genuinely excited by that as I am.

Ooh, I just had a thought. I know there's a USMES cycling team on Zwift. Have you tried cross-posting to Zwift Riders / Racers?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2019 - free spot for US armed forces member (past or present) [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
I would personally reach out to any armed forces triathlete if I knew any. As it is, the armed forces guys I know live nowhere near here and don't bike.

This is a really fun, low key race and I wish people were as genuinely excited by that as I am.

Ooh, I just had a thought. I know there's a USMES cycling team on Zwift. Have you tried cross-posting to Zwift Riders / Racers?

Thanks for the suggestion, do you have a link to that group? I dont read any other forums, but would be happy to post there too.

2015 Specialized Venge
Last edited by: ryryrocco: Mar 10, 19 21:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read the Zwift Racers FB group pinned post and it seems posting about a non-zwift race in this context is against page rules.

Zwiftpower is an independant group/website that has an associated forum. Maybe check out what might be possible there; I've never used their forum.
https://www.zwiftpower.com/

But back to FB, are you in the Pathetic Triathletes group? I can't think they have rules against posting about specific races for this kind of topic.
https://m.facebook.com/...284187?ref=bookmarks
That group is prolific and may over ride your feed, but it would get lots if eyes on it.

ETA USMES has ther own web presence but I can't get the whole link to paste correctly with my phone.
http://usmes.org/

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: Mar 11, 19 5:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Team RWB has a big West Point Chapter. Try posting on their facebook page.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for everyones help. The spot has been filled

2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ryryrocco wrote:
thanks for everyones help. The spot has been filled

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ryryrocco wrote:
I am registered for the 2019 Am Zof but am unable to compete. I have decided to donate my entry fee to a past or present member of the US armed forces. RD has approved the transfer. Please message me if you or anyone you know would like my spot.

As a retired vet of the US armed forces, thank you for such a nice gesture. Kudos to you.