Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [SlowAmericano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am out as well. I ran an ultra trail marathon in January and it crushed my soul (but sure was fun). At 54 I am finding it harder and harder to recover from the long, difficult races. I have Achilles issue that I havent been able to overcome yet.

Good luck to all, and for the LC racers, just keep moving forward...the pain will end, I promise.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone lying in bushes. Word on street is that Long Course has "stacked field" this year... including (former?) pro Travis Hawkins. This from (un)reliable, multi-time champ, wimping out this year, Colin Martin. 2 weeks til go time. Proverbially hay squarely in barn.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [MGoBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be there in spirit boys..... back in 19!

Good luck to all..... GO BIG OR GO HOME. Shed some tears, and replenish w beers!

-Colin

They cant stop me....Even if they stopped me!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [colin.m.martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shed some tears, and replenish w beers!

I think this should be the t-shirt slogan!

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not so much smackity smack talk this year...oh well...I'm showing up to do more LC stupid shit again. I have ridden about 60ish miles of the Amzof course on my computrainer, 1 once a week for the past 3 weeks. Holy...f*cking balls... Trainer tire bits all over the place, high speed fan directly on the generator. Hope this gets me around the circle 3 times.

I still think this race is the best backyard, grass roots event going...

Anyone know what the tshirt slogan is this year?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

C’’mon CeeCee, the CWD just ain’t the CWD without a real live Canadian Womens in it.
#SAD!! #FakeFacts.

The Canadian Womans Division is sitting out here waiting to give you a big honking stein, are you going to take it? Are you man enough to take it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQPY4LlbJ4

#abw
always be winning
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

C’’mon CeeCee, the CWD just ain’t the CWD without a real live Canadian Womens in it.
#SAD!! #FakeFacts.

The Canadian Womans Division is sitting out here waiting to give you a big honking stein, are you going to take it? Are you man enough to take it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQPY4LlbJ4 #abw always be winning

Waaaahhhh. I'm so sorry I'm not going to be there. The training just isn't where it needs to be. Tax Season blah, blah, blah. I'm very pleased to see that AmZof is continuing, albeit with a new RD and team. Wishing you all a good weather day, and all the best on the roads and in the woods. I have such wonderful memories of this race.

In other news, Tri_Yoda and I did our own version of AmZof last August in Penticton. Eat Mexican Dinner/Drink Mexican Beer-Race Duathlon Worlds-Eat Indian Dinner/Drink Indian Beer. And, he's not getting any shorter, and I'm not getting any taller!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

#SAD!! #FakeFacts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQPY4LlbJ4

#abw
always be winning

Hello fellow AmZofians!!!

Sorry I have been derelict in my Marketing Director duties for AmZof this year, but I just started a new business after nearly 22 years in my old gig, so the past 6+ months have been all about getting that going, which we just did 3 weeks ago!

I used to bust on CeeCee for not being able to train/race due to her business obligations, and now I know exactly what she must have been going thru.
Although I doubt she had all of her former colleagues/"friends" from her old job actively trying to steal all of her best clients, a la what happened to Tom Cruise in the movie Jerry Maguire.

My Strava training log looks like the EKG of a dead man for the past few months, with just an occasional blip here and there.

But the other main reason I won't be there, is that it's my niece's college graduation weekend.
Her ceremony is at 8am tomorrow over in CT.
And my wife is her Godmother, so there was no getting out of it - not that I would have wanted to miss that anyway.

It looks like PERFECT American Zofingen racing conditions are on the docket for tomorrow!!!
50's and rain, just like it aughta be.

Stay safe, keep the rubber-side down, and have "fun" tomorrow!!!!
-ML

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
''My Strava training log looks like the EKG of a dead man for the past few months, with just an occasional blip here and there. ''

Speaking of the EKG of a dead man; this spring I got bad results on an ekg, bad on thr treadmill stress test, scarry on the cardiac ct-scan and competeley cleared on an angiogram this Tuesday. Yippee!!

ML, good luck with the new venture. Hopefully you will get time to train soon.

Good luck tomorrow everyone. Perfect conditions. Only problem, it's supposed to clear in the afternoon!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Only problem, it's supposed to clear in the afternoon![/font]

That’s ok. I plan to be done by 10:59.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am still unable to run so will not be joining in the the fun. I will certainly miss it, greatest starting line in racing and where else can you get a shot of whiskey before heading back out on the run course.

Above all, I will miss riding this bike course. I have never rode it well but damn, the views are spectacular and the challenge is so much fun.

Good luck to everyone racing, keep the rubber side down. Can't wait to read the race reports.

3X

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WAIT... WHAT.... are you saying that I was RIGHT and you were WRONG????

MARK IT ON THE CALENDAR!!!

Murphy'sLaw wrote:

Sorry I have been derelict in my Marketing Director duties for AmZof this year, but I just started a new business after nearly 22 years in my old gig, so the past 6+ months have been all about getting that going, which we just did 3 weeks ago!

I used to bust on CeeCee for not being able to train/race due to her business obligations, and now I know exactly what she must have been going thru.
Although I doubt she had all of her former colleagues/"friends" from her old job actively trying to steal all of her best clients, a la what happened to Tom Cruise in the movie Jerry Maguire.

My Strava training log looks like the EKG of a dead man for the past few months, with just an occasional blip here and there.
-ML
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CeeCee wrote:
WAIT... WHAT.... are you saying that I was RIGHT and you were WRONG????

MARK IT ON THE CALENDAR!!!

Murphy'sLaw wrote:

-ML

It’s the exception that proves the rule. 😜

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race day, no rain!!!

Good luck to all you racers!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Race day, no rain!!!

Good luck to all you racers!

No rain? Is that even allowed???!!!

Good luck to all AmZof lemmings today!!

Remember- at the top of those stone steps during the first run, you make a LEFT -
no matter what the arrow might say.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any reports from the field?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just about to ask the same thing ML.

Sad to hear that there don't seem to be a ton of alums out this year (or at least smack talkin'). Downer of a year (or three) for me too. 30X up Mohonk must have really screwed my legs. My mind and heart are still out there but the body....meh.

We weren't able to make it out this year to help Tom & team either - Anne's daughter is graduating in a week (plus all the stuff that goes along with making sure you've got everything set to get your kid off to college the first time), and we've been hosting an exchange student for the past 8 months. And business.

We'll be up for it next spring. If I can get my legs to function normally again, I'd throw down (mostly myself) at the Canadian Women's again for shits and giggles. Mostly shits.

STAY MOIST
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [krol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Results are up!

Mitch West & Rich Burke both back kicking ass and taking names in LC & GCG respectively.

http://www.racetecresults.com/...mp;RId=169&EId=1

Looks like a great day of racing was had by one and all.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My apologies. Too busy pouring water and Heed, and picking up spent cups and gel wrappers to update ST. I decided to DNS this morning driving up to the preserve. If it were work I'd have called out, which seemed like bad tidings for racing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
My apologies. Too busy pouring water and Heed, and picking up spent cups and gel wrappers to update ST. I decided to DNS this morning driving up to the preserve. If it were work I'd have called out, which seemed like bad tidings for racing.

Which aid station did you assist on?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [Nolegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nolegs wrote:

Run. In the woods.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
Nolegs wrote:

Run. In the woods.

Then a BIG thank you. I was the guy holding up the rear of the LC. You could not have been any nicer. Thank you and everyone else who volunteered. Great race !!!
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2018 [Nolegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2019 AmZof registration is OPEN!!

https://localraces.com/...an-zofingen-duathlon

There was a $10 off deal if you registered yesterday (which I didn’t, too busy) but for $100 it is BY FAR the best deal in all of multisport, especially for Long Course.

In all the years AmZof has been run, I have only missed it twice.
Hope to make my return next year to start up a new streak.

Get some.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

There was a $10 off deal if you registered yesterday (which I didn’t, too busy) but for $100 it is BY FAR the best deal in all of multisport, especially for Long Course.

Get some.

Me and you both.

My youngest graduated Binghamton last weekend so I couldn't make it.
No excuses next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

Get some.

Just registered for the long course. Will be my first time there! Now I am getting all excited for an event that's still a year away...
Quote Reply

Prev Next