Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
American Zofingen 2010
Quote | Reply
Just about 30 days until race day and no smack talk. What's up with that?

The smack used to last for months, it's like everyone is out training for the thing this year and too tired to lay down the talk.

3 Big questions for me.

1. Can ML recreate the Miracle in the Mountains
2. Will D. Roche defend his kids race title or step up to the plate and run with the big dogs
3. What is the over/under on the RD's winter weight gain

Some smaller questions

Who's in?
Who's gonna suffer?
Who's gonna win?
Will the food taste as good on a warm spring day

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm beginning to wonder if Tetsuoni ate Murphy'sLaw. When he's not here, this place is a draaag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thinking about it. It will probably be the middle distance(F1). 1st timer. What about the bike? Road or tri bike? I heard it was a very hilly course. What have people used in previous American Zofingen?

Tough times don't last, tough people do ;-)
Francois.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [tri_francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the long course 2 years ago; 3 loops of Zofingen are a lot tougher than 2 loops of Lake Placid (even though it is longer by like 30 mile or so).
I used tri bike and I was fine.

The run is a %$#$^%&, believe me you will walk (even if you are doing the F1).

But it is an awesome race!

Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the long course. I went up to recon the bike last weekend and haven't slept through the night since.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for my 4th yr of SC. Say what you will but I don't dare ride or run that course for more than 1 lap at a time.
im interested to see what the weather will bring as I know Tetsuoni will be fat, the food will be great, the beer will be cold and ML will be crushing dreams.
AmZof is by far the best race around, everyone needs to attempt it once
Pete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
2. Will D. Roche defend his kids race title or step up to the plate and run with the big dogs
3. What is the over/under on the RD's winter weight gain

Answers:
2. After the kids race, the kids table gets to enjoy 5 hours of beer before the adults get a taste. 5 hours goes a long way, considering my college graduation is 2 days afterward :)

3. By race day, the RD will be wearing a black jersey. Not because black is slimming, but because no light can escape his gravitational pull :)

------
David Roche
"The Happy Runner" book: https://www.amazon.com/...Longer/dp/1492567647
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [DaveRoche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave we will need at least 3 forms of I.D. before you are allowed to drink beer. you aren't even old enough to drive to the race, thats the only reason your dad races is b/c you need someone to drive you around for your after school sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last I heard the champ was planning on the F1 and the RD was thinking about the ITT.

I am thinking the F1 will be plenty, SC is likely a better idea...should be fun no matter what!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fat is relative; compared to ML and Roche, I'm fat. Compared to my typical fellow American, I'm a lean, mean racing machine.
I was pretty good this year, only going from 163 to 174 by January. Then, I crashed on black ice and shot up to 180 while I recovered by not training and drinking beer. With the race in a month, I finally buckled down and have been on a beer strike for 7 whole days(!). I use red wine like methadone to ween myself off of the golden nectar.
Entries are brisk and we'll likely sell out. The distribution is about 1/3 each between SC,MC and LC. The Iron ITT is filling up as well.
I think the Middle distance F1 looks the most fun. With the Harryman only 6 days later, I know LC would be suicide. Sometimes I have to accept that I'm 46.
Yes, the beer and food will taste as good, and the announcing and ST updates will be world class, thanks to Boots and Ellen.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The kids table may get 5 hours, but the timing table gets first dibs. I think I gain weight working AZ each year. Red Bull, Mountain Dew and Main Street Bistro all day is a dangerous combination.

So it sounds like ML is trying to grab each division championship belt. Nice. if he can win all three distances that will make him the undisbuted toughest duathlete, pound for pound of course.

A sell out would be cool. If you're on the fence better hurry or miss out on the best and toughest day of du racing

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ML proves the rule that if you're going to be dumb, you better be tough.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tetsuoni! Just want you to know that I am promoting the race to everyone I know. It really is the best day on the multisport calendar, and you are a big part of that.

Wow, that is somewhat deficient in smack. Ummmm......for added trash talk, put increased emphasis on the word "big" :)

------
David Roche
"The Happy Runner" book: https://www.amazon.com/...Longer/dp/1492567647
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for promoting the race. I assume you're going to Du Nationals; good luck!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is doing the f1 wussing out? I want to do the full but I'm still fat as well. Even the f1 is probably dumb for me to do at this point.

Dan

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In (F1). I was up there last weekend and have been trying to regain feeling in my quads ever since.

Still not completely sold on the tri bike. Between wind, climbs, and descents, aerobars were sketchy at best. I weigh almost 180 lbs and my bike was almost blown out from under me at a few points (cant even imagine the crosswinds with a deep front wheel). Descending into a headwind and pedaling I couldn't break 30 mph. I suck, but not that bad. Luckily sounds like wind like that isnt the norm.

Regardless, I am looking forward to a painful weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is doing the f1 wussing out? I want to do the full but I'm still fat as well.

Being fat is no excuse for wimping out on the LC. I'm a good 15 lbs over my weight when I last did Am Zof (2008). But there is nothing better than finishing something you were really stupid to start in the first place.

Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that the F1 is going to be really really hard. The thought of running up to the transition area and getting back on the bike and riding up that mountain makes me cringe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The F1 is certainly not wussing out. With 15 miles of hilly trails, and 58 miles of riding, including 4 mountain passes, it will be tougher than just about any half iron on the planet.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very strongly considering doing the medium course race. Have ridden the area on a training day so I think I know what I'm up against, and hills are my (relative) strength. Anyone carpooling from NYC??
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
But there is nothing better than finishing something you were really stupid to start in the first place. Victor

That will be my training motto for AmZof!

I am in for Short Course. That is all I will attempt at the end of tax season!!!

I will be bringing a limited amount of Creemore across the border with me. Find me or my girlfriend at the finish and we might toss one your way :)

C.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree. I did 60 miles on the bike last night and I have to say I was not in to mood to go running, let alone 15 miles.

I'm still thinking long course though because I don't want to run 3 times.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm still thinking long course though because I don't want to run 3 times.

Shamefully, I agree. Isn't it strange how you'd voluntarily suffer for an additional 2-3 hours rather than get on/off your bike twice. Not sure that I will be in great form to race the full, but if I find myself there it will probably be for that purpose.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up for LC months ago...been training steadily with that as my focus for my first AZ...Looking forward to the suffer fest...

I Got it about the feared bike climbs...Any info on the hilly run course? It is road, partial road/partial trail? Trail shoes or road shoes... Enquiring minds want to know..
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2010 [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
quit being a wuss and sign up for the race.

Dan

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next