Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

American Triple T
Quote | Reply
Do this race. Another year of Shannon and his crew putting on a great event this weekend. A truly unique challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was there this year, truly a unique event with its own personality. Everything is well put together and the courses are very hard. It's nice to see events like this thriving with more and with more Ironman branded races chomping up local races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1

Triple-T never fails to deliver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Do this race. Another year of Shannon and his crew putting on a great event this weekend. A truly unique challenge.

Best race/value out there.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Thom wrote:

Best race/value out there.

Totally agree, this race is great value. And an awesome training weekend if you're going to be racing Placid, Tremblant, Whistler, or another late July/August Ironman. Only negative to the race is some of the dogs that run onto the bike course, and if that's a races biggest problem it's doing pretty well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done 15 triathlons prior to this race, and this was the best racing experience I have ever had. Now I did do the "Sprint" version, so it was certainly easier than the "Extreme", but I cannot recommend this race enough.

Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed!

Shannon and his family did a knock out job this year and this is one of those races you have to do and it is fun and difficult. There is nothing else quite like it!
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T [RunJoeRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually I think of the sprint option as something easy for spouses and children to do. However, if I do TTT a 3rd time I might just pick the Sprint. That group seemed to be having more fun. Either way, it was a great event in 2018.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T [TryScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After doing the XT 11 times I did the sprint this year. My buddy and I finished the series about 40 seconds apart.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2nd Triple T for me this year. Agreed, well run event all around. My only quibble would the the last 100yds of the swim/swim exit. They need to shift the swim start to the right and move the swim exit to the beach. Slogging through the swamp/leaves/branches/stumps is ridiculous.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was considering swimming into the start area and walking over the bridge to the swim exit timing mat. It's the first time blatant cheating ever crossed my mind. Guessing it would of added 30 seconds and made me feel a lot better.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T [TryScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TryScott wrote:
I was considering swimming into the start area and walking over the bridge to the swim exit timing mat. It's the first time blatant cheating ever crossed my mind. Guessing it would of added 30 seconds and made me feel a lot better.

Friday night was bad but I felt like it cleared out quite a bit after that. I was hugging the left side, maybe that helped.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on that's all part of the fun and challenge!

At least its not like it was in the past - dirty/nasty/smelly and FREEZING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This continues to be on my bucket list. Have heard many great things.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply