Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

American Triple T's new course?
Quote | Reply
https://americantriple-t.com/american-triple-t/

Has anyone trained on or around this race site? Is this new course as tough as the old course?

Thanks,
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T's new course? [MikeyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to my friend Don it's harder than Shawnee but I get the impression that it's less technical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been in this area some time ago and plan to recon the route a few times this fall and spring. As I understand it, the elevation gain is still the big challenge but with less of the crazy twist/turns and dangerous descents of Shawnee. The run is also more challenging with the new venue. HFP Man says to bring your climbing gears and from my experience in the area I recommend bringing your climbing shoes!
Thanks, John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The original half course was about 3000 ft of climbing. The new one is almost 5000.

I'll miss the technical nature of the original course, it was a big part of what made it fun and challenging
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T's new course? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The technical descents were a reason I did fairly well on the bike against people of similar strength.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T's new course? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaret -

On some of the descents I hit 49.8 mph...I'm sure you'll find it right up your wheelhouse! There are still plenty of technical sections that less skilled bikers will find intimidating. More importantly all sections of the bike course have easy access for race staff, EMS and other traffic. That's something that was a major issue at Shawnee. Ultimately, this venue will be much more enjoyable for participants and spectators alike.

P.S. There are only 3 cabins left and lodge rooms are going fast! Check out more details at https://americantriple-t.com/travel-lodging/

See you at the T!

HFP Man

Shannon Kurek

Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T's new course? [hfpman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hfpman wrote:
Jaret -

On some of the descents I hit 49.8 mph...I'm sure you'll find it right up your wheelhouse! There are still plenty of technical sections that less skilled bikers will find intimidating. More importantly all sections of the bike course have easy access for race staff, EMS and other traffic. That's something that was a major issue at Shawnee. Ultimately, this venue will be much more enjoyable for participants and spectators alike.

P.S. There are only 3 cabins left and lodge rooms are going fast! Check out more details at https://americantriple-t.com/travel-lodging/

See you at the T!

HFP Man

Only 2 cabins left!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's now going to be in my backyard. I can be at the start line in 25 minutes. Having doing the last day of TTT two years ago, I can tell you that the hill profiles will be the same. There are no long climbs in the Appalachian foothills. However there are plenty of short steep stuff. I can tell you the roads will be a bit better and logistics/amenities will be 150% better with many close hotel and camping options.
Quote Reply