Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

American TTT...IMLP...Savageman...dream season or terrible nightmare?
Quote | Reply
LP is for certain and the other two have been penciled in. American TTT is less than 2 weeks out. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: American TTT...IMLP...Savageman...dream season or terrible nightmare? [kissmybuckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did TTT and IMLP last year. Didn't do Savageman after but its 8 weeks post IMLP so you have time to recover and get a a couple weeks of a small build/taper in for savageman if you wanted.

After IMLP last year I did some sprint distance duathlons and had some great races in early sept/october so you definitely could get back into form.

If you've never done TTT, its a different animal. Plenty of climbing and the weather could make or break the weekend. If you're not semi trained up going in, you may be hurting after Saturday but plenty use it as a training/overload weekend if you have a ironman on the calendar (which you do).
Quote Reply
Re: American TTT...IMLP...Savageman...dream season or terrible nightmare? [kissmybuckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did both TTT and LP last year - if you have not done TTT before do the sprint version and you should have no issues recovering for LP. The TTT is really a different animal (especially the xtreme distance) but is manageable - my wife also did TTT and LP last year and honestly after TTT she was burned out all the way to LP.

I did a 2 sprints and 1 Olympic after LP last year so yes you should be able to recover physically - mentally could be something different.
Last edited by: teddygram: May 22, 18 7:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did TTT and Lake Placid a few years ago and I DNF'ed LP. It probably had a lot more to do with the bike accident I had between the two.

I felt like TTT was a fairly quick recovery. I'm slow so I don't think slogging through those races took a ton out of me. If you were racing all weekend on the edge, I could certainly see it being more of a drain. It's a great training weekend, I wouldn't hesitate to doing both again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triple T extreme is too close to LP

6/3/2018 TTT XT
6/10/2018 Recovery
6/17/2018 Start training again on Wednesday
6/24/2018 Easy weekend (so a half week)
7/1/2018 Next to last hard week
7/8/2018 Last hard week
7/15/2018 Taper
7/22/2018 Lake Placid

So you'll have 3 to 4 weeks of training between the races,
Quote Reply
Re: American TTT...IMLP...Savageman...dream season or terrible nightmare? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I forgot to mention I have training camp in LP 6/10-6/17.
Quote Reply
Re: American TTT...IMLP...Savageman...dream season or terrible nightmare? [palmdoggSAE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the last race of TTT last year...Little Smokies. That run though....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kissmybuckeye wrote:
I did the last race of TTT last year...Little Smokies. That run though....

Yes - the run is a lot of "fun" and you get to do segments of it 3 times over the weekend if you do the Xtreme!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kissmybuckeye wrote:
Quote:

I forgot to mention I have training camp in LP 6/10-6/17.

You will probably not be recovered for your training camp and/or won't get the benefit you would like. I would say you do one or the other but not both given the time in-between. Or you can do the TTT sprint version which won't beat you up as much.

I think a lot of this is all based on personal background, age, training base, years in the sport, etc on whether or not you'd recover. Its also depends on if you are going all out for TTT every race or doing it as a training weekend where you are just trying to get some miles & bricks in.

I had some aggressive goals so I took the chance knowing the turnaround wasn't very long. I also was able to recover and was able to continue my build by the next weekend (but not a training camp style weekend).
Quote Reply