Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ambit 3 Peak - .gpx download in Suunto app?
Quote | Reply
I've not yet made the transition over to the Suunto app from Movescount, but I have a new phone coming next week and understand that the movescount app is no longer available so will have to do the migration.

I love my Ambit3. I do a lot of trail running, hiking and mountaineering. I very often will download the .gpx of a route in an area unknown to me, upload it to movescount, download it to my watch and use my watch for navigation.

Looking at the info for the Suunto app it doesn't appear that this is going to be at all possible anymore?

Whether you be in a new city or just a new trail, you can plan your new favorite route with Suunto app, sync it to your watch, and Go! You can even import a .gpx for your next race or adventure (Suunto 9 and Suunto Spartan).

Can anyone confirm? It seems a little criminal to be removing features. I've had My Ambit for 4yrs and, while a little weathered, I was planning on holding on to it for a few more years before upgrading. If this is the case, I will most likely be looking at going a non-Suunto route for my next watch to get these features back rather than being strong armed into giving Suunto any more money.
Quote Reply
Re: Ambit 3 Peak - .gpx download in Suunto app? [BattyMilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last Summer I tried to use the Suunto App with my Ambit3 Peak. In July I wanted to download a gpx-route via App —> it doesn‘t work. Since that experience I sync the ambit with the cable if I change settings or add routes. Now since one or two weeks you can use suunto link instead of moveslink. I tried it out and in my case it works (I changed the watch settings and adjusted the intervall timer)

The App is still improving. Hopefully it will be movescount only called suunto app...
Quote Reply