Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Amazing Bekele
Quote | Reply
winning the 4km XC race in 10'54''.
On track for a 5th double with the 12km race tomorrow...
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Bekele [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mister consistency.

Has never disapointed yet. I saw him run in Brussels once and he won with over a minute. On a very muddy part everybody was stumbling and using their arms big time to prevent from falling, he did not make one misstap. He was like running on a track....

http://www.wimdedoncker.be
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Bekele [wimothy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is amazing. My only criticism would be why in the world did he let El G be anywhere near him in the oly 3000 a couple years back. I watched that race and was thinking one of these guys can run 1:45ish for 800m one can run 26:XX for 10k, who do you put your money on in a 2 lap race.

JW

Retired from Running since 2004...
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Bekele [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adam Goucher continued his phenominal comeback with a 6th place in the 4k. He beat Craig Mottram(12:55 5k), Shaheen (steeple wr) and Sihine (olympic medal in teh 10k '04). Fantastic result.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Bekele [NYTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was the 5000, but I thought the same thing off a slow (for them) pace El G would toast him. Of course he won the 10K and had rounds in the 5 so he may of gave it all he had. El G isn't exactly a slouch.

Styrrell .
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Bekele [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't that pushing the pace would have made any difference. Probably more fatigue related.
After all, he ran a last 400m in 51'' in a 10,000, so he's got plenty of speed...in Athens, the last 400m of the 10,000m was faster than the second 400 in the 800 final.
Quote Reply