Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Am I the only one that finds latex overrated? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
For the one methodical pro that obsesses about equipment choices (like Rapp) you have five dumbasses like Andy Potts.

Dumbass only in a narrow sense. If you ask who, overall, is the most intelligent, best-prepared athlete, I'm not sure what the answer would be between Rapp and Potts.

Sometimes we here get so caught up in the minutae of bro-tech that we lose sight of all the really important things it takes to win races. And Potts knows how to win races.

And I use "we" because I'm fully guilty.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 21, 19 6:24
Quote Reply
Re: Am I the only one that finds latex overrated? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
For the one methodical pro that obsesses about equipment choices (like Rapp) you have five dumbasses like Andy Potts.

Dumbass only in a narrow sense. If you ask who, overall, is the most intelligent, best-prepared athlete, I'm not sure what the answer would be between Rapp and Potts.

Sometimes we here get so caught up in the minutae of bro-tech that we lose sight of all the really important things it takes to win races. And Potts knows how to win races.

And I use "we" because I'm fully guilty.

Fair point but race intelligence doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive of equipment intelligence. He could’ve easily had and done both. Ride a pair of Conti race tires (and latex tubes) instead of Gatorskins and butyl and Kona 2015 might have been a different race. That’s not even getting into the piece of shit bike he was using as I understand sponsor commitments and all that.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Feb 21, 19 6:37
Quote Reply
Re: Am I the only one that finds latex overrated? [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think they're over rated at all... the benefit is known and the cost for them is relatively down in the mud. My tubes will generally last me a full season(replace tubes with tires)... the extra few $ for a couple of watts isn't that big of a spend vs. some other things for $$$. You can score Vittoria's every now and then on a good sale for less than $10.

Just picked up a pair of Conti 5000's and a latex tubes for around $130.... pretty good IMO.
Quote Reply

Prev Next