Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Am I a p***y by switching to a 32 Cassette [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nightfend wrote:
I feel like you don't really understand power very well. The gearing you have doesn't magically make you faster or slower, it just changes your cadence on the bike.

He wasn't talking about power. He just said that that higher cadence made it easier on his knees, which it does.
Quote Reply
Re: Am I a p***y by switching to a 32 Cassette [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I meant the big ring. However, that would likely cause him to want to change the small ring as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Am I a p***y by switching to a 32 Cassette [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treyedr wrote:
No, I meant the big ring. However, that would likely cause him to want to change the small ring as well.
Why?
Seems to me you've got it bsckwards. The OP is wondering if he should alliw himself a smaller gear in the bike. Small gear = small chainring. The big ring is surely not part of the equation except if it's effected due to excessive tooth difference?
Quote Reply
Re: Am I a p***y by switching to a 32 Cassette [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read the OP as he wanted to go to something like an 11-32 or 11-34 cassette to help with climbing. My suggestion was based on this presumption. If this is the case, I'd stick with a traditional 11-25, 11-28, 12-25, 12-28 setups and use a 50 big ring and a 34 or 36 small chainring. However, the OP did not give us a lot of information and hasn't replied to the thread, so I guess we will never know!
Quote Reply

Prev Next