Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Am I The Only One That Didn't Know SwimRun Events Allowed Paddles/Fins and Buoys?
Quote | Reply
Like the title says, I had no idea! Am I the only one? I feel like a whole new world of possibilities opened up.
Quote Reply
Re: Am I The Only One That Didn't Know SwimRun Events Allowed Paddles/Fins and Buoys? [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only knew due to looking at the pictures of events, but just asked what the gear list should be, so lets see what the others say.
Quote Reply
Re: Am I The Only One That Didn't Know SwimRun Events Allowed Paddles/Fins and Buoys? [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only pictures I had seen were of the point end guys and never noticed their paddles.

Reading the front page article got me excited about trying one. Seems like different events may have different rules and that's fine. Just need to check the FAQ.

I'm drawn to the adventure side of swimrun and realizing this definitely will get me to try one for the experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Am I The Only One That Didn't Know SwimRun Events Allowed Paddles/Fins and Buoys? [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m going with “Yes”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either this is the first picture you have looked at, or just glanced at all the others. But in this sport, you have to carry everything you use to the finish, so whether you see them swimming or running, they have their paddles on, and the buoy strapped somewhere. You can use fins too in most cases, but you have to carry and transition them, so until someone invents the shoefin, probably doesn't get you there quicker.

It is a great attribute to this sport that you actually have to think about, and test out different gear. I think most swim in their shoes now, so the buoy is pretty essential, as are wetsuits that you can actually run in comfortably.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't really understand that either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The "only" rule is that you have to run with what you swim with. Technically you could add fins also, but the idea is to try and rest the legs during the swim, but a good kicker could get some serious speed with fins but then have to run with them. Signed up for the "Cheneaux Islands" SwimRun early September to discover this new sport: 27km run + 10km swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Numerous articles have been written here and on other sites about swim/run events and they all focus on the fact that you can use aids during the swim. Most of the photos show them strapped onto their person while they run. So yeah I don't know how you missed that one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I know nothing about these events except probably that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am guessing you haven't watched any videos of their events..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWEtZ44L4XM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you could bring a boat, as long as you carry it with you...

;)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Am I The Only One That Didn't Know SwimRun Events Allowed Paddles/Fins and Buoys? [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
I’m going with “Yes”

x2.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply