Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alternative to TR for workout and virtual power tracking
Quote | Reply
I've been using Trainer Road since the beginning of last season. I'm changing things up a bit this year by just putting it on freeride and following a new training plan. I like the freeride because i don't have a power meter so i use virtual power plus it logs a good amount of detail from my ride. Is there another program that does that same thing? I am not planning on using any of the TR workouts this year other than "freeride".

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to TR for workout and virtual power tracking [Bandade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zwift
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to TR for workout and virtual power tracking [Bandade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Golden Cheetah (I think?)

I tried using it, but I'm not smart enough. TR is too easy.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can use Zwift and connect to Garmin, Strava, TP or other apps to save your ride data so that you have a record of virtual power.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to TR for workout and virtual power tracking [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Golden Cheetah has a learning curve but if you're strapped for cash, then it's something that you will have to bite the bullet and learn it. Thats what I did.
GC has so many things and not much documentation that it boggles my mind but I've been using it for the past 8 weeks and It's been relatively solid.

I use it mainly as a TR alternative and follow the data and try to keep up the actual power output to the target power output.

There's a bit of work to put in before I would consider it usable, for example, you need to create your own "laps" to get a "lap internal remaining" time countdown. Once I have that, it's all good.

You can get workouts from ErgDB and then import it into GC and you're done.
Quote Reply