Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alternative to Scott Plasma
Quote | Reply
Can anyone come up with an alternative suggestion to a Scott Plasma as bike for Triathlons? The SP is a perfect fit for me but I am finding it difficult to get one before May and they are very expensive. I am 181 cm and want a "tall and narrow bike". The others i thought of was a cannondale slice? Anu pther suggestions would be welcome!
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Scott Plasma [garymcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Scott Plasma [mgalanter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BTW there is a 56cm for sale in the classified section
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well if you want something similarly fast:

the p4, either shiv, trek speed concept are all up there.

the speed concept is similarly tall and narrow, but you could fit fine on a p4/shiv too with a few mm of spacers or a shorter stem.

might find a great deal on a p4 too

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Scott Plasma [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stop saying the P4 can be found for a good deal!!! They are now a rare collectors item and their net worth increases with each passing minute.
I'll be listing mine soon.

Have you checked www.racycles.com? They usually have Scott Plasmas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The specialized transition in Large, at least the 2008/2009 models will fit the same as a Medium plasma3. I just converted from the specialized to the plasma3. That being said, if you are interested in a 2008 specialized S works transition PM me.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Scott Plasma [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like the Plasma 3?
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Scott Plasma [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it. But I've yet to actually ride it. The stack/reach fit perfectly, it's a step up from the transition on the aero side, has 2 frame water bottle bosses which is a BIG + in the summer out here, and the price was unbelievable. So when you add it all up, it was a no brainer to get it.

I have ridden a friends for a few minutes last May and it rode fine.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was shopping for a new superbike, I initially wanted the Plasma 3, but the rear brake cannot accommodate a compact crank (interference).

From a fit standpoint, I chose the Blue Triad SL, which is along the same trajectory of fit coordinates as the Plasmas (tall/narrow)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
garymcc wrote:
Can anyone come up with an alternative suggestion to a Scott Plasma as bike for Triathlons? The SP is a perfect fit for me but I am finding it difficult to get one before May and they are very expensive. I am 181 cm and want a "tall and narrow bike". The others i thought of was a cannondale slice? Anu pther suggestions would be welcome!

As with all integrated stem bikes a lot of your extra stack is going to come from aerobar risers and the Plasma is no exception. The Stack figures on the ST Stack and Reach Database are not for the Plasma 3. So don't use those as gospel. In fact a a lot of the database is now a bit defunkt and a lot of the new integrated bikes are not included.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the suggestions
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Scott Plasma [mgalanter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto the Blue!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I considered the plasma and the geometry was nearly identical on the new Argon E116. I went with the Argon.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Scott Plasma [TallTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

TallTris wrote:
When I was shopping for a new superbike, I initially wanted the Plasma 3, but the rear brake cannot accommodate a compact crank (interference).

Was said not to support a compact crank. There are a few peeps on here who use compact and have no issues. DA Brakes and compact apparently. The SRAM's do not fit, maybe not even with standard cranks.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Scott Plasma [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha I was wondering if you'd chime in on this one. Is it home yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know the stack and reach for the Plasma, but i have a Slice and its been great. I've heard some people complaining about it being too "cramped", but i'm a hair under 6' and have a relatively short torso/upper body, 56 fits me great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Large Plasma 10 from 2010 I am putting up for sale. The difference to the new on is it has the integrated seat mast. If that bike fits you best, then may be worth it to you.

LMK if your interested.

James
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Scott Plasma [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is it home yet?

No it's not. I'm hoping to get a call today to go in to fit the bars, either that or I'm stopping in and they are going to fit the bars.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kestrel 4000 is pretty tall and narrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Scott Plasma [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tx for suggestion. All I need to do now is find that bike (and train)
Quote Reply