Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alternative Pads/Holders for TriRig Alpha X
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm looking for alternative pads to the standard pads/holders on the triRig alphaX. The shipping to Canada on their Ergo pads/cups is quite laughably expensive, 2/3s of what the cost of the pads/cups is.
So I'm looking for something else that would fit...Zipp, Profile Design, 3T, etc. that I can buy from my LBS or a UK site.

Thanks and apologies if this is posted here.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative Pads/Holders for TriRig Alpha X [mr.fincher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know you mention a few alternative arm rests. But for pads, I am using Cee Gees for my standard Alpha X arm rests, and I really like them.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative Pads/Holders for TriRig Alpha X [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, I'm looking for a complete cup/pad system, but thanks for the suggestion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cee-Gees are always my answer to pad replacement.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative Pads/Holders for TriRig Alpha X [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pads themselves aren't that bad, but the shape of the cup I happen to find my arms move around a lot, so I'm looking for more of a curvy cup shape
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to find a manufacturer that has a 20mm center to center inline spacing the side to side does not matter. Also if they have a counter sunk area for the head of the bolt that would be great. That being said, I love my HED armrests but they are not 20mm and I am however thinking about modifying them to work.

So that is the number that you have to work with.

Nick is the only manufacturer that I can see after checking that shows what the center to center is for both side to side and front to back adjustments on the armrest.
Last edited by: BMANX: Apr 29, 17 9:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a bummer about the shipping, their new ergo pads/cups are really nice, I love the shape and the padding is a bit thicker/firmer than the originals, but not excessively so (not as thick as CeeGees, for instance).

You might look at the Aero Coach Align pads/cups. I didn't care for them but they do fit the tri-rig bars and shipping wasn't too bad (they ship from the UK so I wouldn't think Canada would be any different than the US in that regard).
Last edited by: jsk: Apr 29, 17 13:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a bummer about shipping considering the new ergo cups are super super nice. I'd argue best in the industry. That said I'm 95% sure the newer 3T pads/cups will work.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative Pads/Holders for TriRig Alpha X [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, tried a friends 3T Vola cups/pads and I just had to drill a slightly wider bolt hole. The work just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the center-to-center bolt hole for the Velo? Looking for the same. If you have a picture that would be highly appreciated. TIA.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative Pads/Holders for TriRig Alpha X [pgkhoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if cee gee makes pads for the new alpha x cups, I see the older square ones but not the newer ego cups. Let me know
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative Pads/Holders for TriRig Alpha X [Kmck27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes: https://www.ceegees.com/product/?product_id=287

But, I would not recommend them. The pads on the new cups are very good. The thickness of the Cee Gee in the cups might be too restrictive. I had Cee Gees on my original Tririg arm rests, and those I recommend.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative Pads/Holders for TriRig Alpha X [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link. Why do you think they would be restrictive? I like the padding that come with, I just want more :)
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative Pads/Holders for TriRig Alpha X [Kmck27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because of thickness of the Cee Gees and the curve, it seems like it would make the cup tighter and maybe arms would not settle in as much. I remember them being crazy-thick on my old TriRig arm rests, so I decided not to get them for the cups. Plus, I liked the pads for the cups a lot more than the original pads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These sound like what you are after with heavy curve and 20mm spaced holes... I love them.

https://profile-design.com/collections/aerobar-pads-armrest-kits/products/race-armrest-kit

Last edited by: Shambolic: Feb 23, 19 17:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure about your access to them but I was just fitted with 51 Speedshop cups and pads. There are two things I like about them: 1. The size. They are much longer than most pads. 2. The material they are made of. They are more of a rubber versus the cloth that is on Cee Gees which means better grip. I went through several sets of Cee Gees on my old bike and like these much more. Plus they are a true “cup” to keep you in place.

Team Zoot
Quote Reply