Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alta Lake (IM Canada - Whistler) water clarity
Quote | Reply
Anyone know the water clarity of the swim in IM Canada? Comparable to IM Lake Placid (15 feet) or IM Arizona (0 feet)?

Thanks!

17 Ways to Qualify for Ironman Kona
Things I Wish I Knew Before Racing In Kona
Best Cold Plunge Solutions
Quote Reply
Re: Alta Lake (IM Canada - Whistler) water clarity [davidgarthe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've swam in Alta and MIrror Lake and I actually think Alta is nicer. You are in for a treat.
Quote Reply
Re: Alta Lake (IM Canada - Whistler) water clarity [davidgarthe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swam there this past Sunday and the water was great - it was a bit chilly, but nice and clear. In the shallower areas near shore you are able to see the lake weeds very clearly (I'd say at maybe 2-3 meters). The water can get a bit choppy in higher winds, but the early start should avoid this for the full distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never swam in Mirror but Alta is waaaay clearer than TTL. very enjoyable swim. one of the most picturesque in all my racing experiences. didn't have any visibility issues. the sun does come over the mountains on the second loop. from what I remember it just effected me for the short section heading east around the first turn buoy. but something to consider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly it’s a stunning beautiful swim. Much better for the swimmers than the spectators!
Quote Reply