Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Almost plowed by popular delivery truck
Quote | Reply
Title says it all. He slow rolled a stop to cross the street I was on. I barely made it by. Luckily I was going about the speed limit for cars so made it across his path. There would have been no stopping in time.

I actually turned around and was able to catch and find the dude. I was nice, but asked him to watch it.

He proceeds to admit being on the phone with the field office at the time. Something I’m sure all of them do all day.

How would you address this lack of common sense safe driving practice? Tell them about it and ask them to make it policy for no calls while driving?

It’s NC, no hands free law here. Just texting.

I was kind to the guy, shook his hand. But I told him it’d kill someone.

I hold commercial professional to a higher level than joe public. It’s your company’s and employees jobs to be on the road.

I’d not even turned around for a joe public car.
Quote Reply
Re: Almost plowed by popular delivery truck [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's FedEx ground they are contractors. One complaint and they lose their bonus for the month. Teach them lesson.
Quote Reply
Re: Almost plowed by popular delivery truck [I ride Fuji's] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride Fuji's wrote:
If it's FedEx ground they are contractors. One complaint and they lose their bonus for the month. Teach them lesson.

Ah, I see. Lots of companies probably play that game to skirt liability.

So basically it’s a “go pound sand” scenario.

See, this is why I’d be down with nhtsa and fcc disablement of cell calls and texts excluding 911 calls when a vehicle is in motion.
Quote Reply
Re: Almost plowed by popular delivery truck [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get (not overtly intentionally) buzzed at a 40+mph differential by one or more speeding FedEx trucks drifting wide toward the (buffered) bike lane on my commute home pretty much every day as they are thronging toward their nearby depot. Some of them correct their line, some don't bother. They're all hauling ass on this one fast section of road with a big curve into a hill, to get some momentum for the hill and/or just get back to the depot and be done for the day. I take a tiny bit of comfort in the fact that if one of them does obliterate me, the combination of what the forensics should show about fault and the deep corporate pockets should leave my wife set for life. What's scary is watching their trajectories from behind on days when I'm in a car.
Quote Reply