Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission
Quote | Reply
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jun/06/alistair-brownlee-disqualified-for-ducking-and-faces-olympic-omission

Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [Klaus Daimler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you make your link live or maybe a quick synopsis?

What you do is highlight your entire link and click on the link icon in the top right corner and copy it into there. This will turn your link live on this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [Klaus Daimler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Klaus Daimler wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jun/06/alistair-brownlee-disqualified-for-ducking-and-faces-olympic-omission

So does this mean he really isn't going even if Bishop races well and secure a 3rd spot? If so does Bishop get to Tokyo himself?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody who’s watched him race knows he’s a turd. This just confirms it for the more casual fan. And this quote is ridiculous, there’s video of him stopping his swim stroke to push McQueens head under.

Brownlee tweeted: “I’m very embarrassed about being Dq’d. The swim action was completely unintentional and I’ve had worse done to me in every World Series race I’ve ever done. However it is a field of play decision and I chose not to protest it.”
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw someone post it on IG and no way it was an accident. It seemed like the picked his head to sight, looked right, then dunked the other racer. Very blatant in my opinion.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don’t they know the word dunking?

Is this a British thing? I have never heard of ducking someone
Last edited by: iamuwere: Jun 6, 21 18:04
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Anybody who’s watched him race knows he’s a turd. This just confirms it for the more casual fan. And this quote is ridiculous, there’s video of him stopping his swim stroke to push McQueens head under.

Brownlee tweeted: “I’m very embarrassed about being Dq’d. The swim action was completely unintentional and I’ve had worse done to me in every World Series race I’ve ever done. However it is a field of play decision and I chose not to protest it.”

^^ Ditto about your first comment.
From watching McQueen so comfortable swimming at the front then suddenly beside Brownlee I did actually think AB had dine his famous oul 'll back on the feet trick prior to what the camera even picked up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The funny thing is, Chase isn't going to be deferential to him at all, and quite frankly that move probably played into Chase's favor.
AB is becoming such a whiny quitter. Seems AB has better excuses than he does results lately...then again, he's getting slower and really not a factor anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [Raw Oyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raw Oyster wrote:
The funny thing is, Chase isn't going to be deferential to him at all, and quite frankly that move probably played into Chase's favor.
AB is becoming such a whiny quitter. Seems AB has better excuses than he does results lately...then again, he's getting slower and really not a factor anymore.

Was he trying to slow the speed down to get Johnny out closer or even for bishop to be closer, or he is just a 'Turd' who can't help himself, and dies this in most races to someone and this time got caught by the newer rule?

Also I think what he meant to say was.. I have done worse in every single WTS race I have been in.
Last edited by: chrisb12: Jun 6, 21 18:17
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
link to video??
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let’s see if this works.

https://streamable.com/uqfpcl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, that link works. Watched it a few times. No way that was an accident, he 100% deserved the DQ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks. what a shameless move.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't speak to his intent or his strategy.

What I can say, is that there is a contingent of younger ITU athletes, who are no longer letting him dictate the outcome of a race. There have been some intimidation tactics from the Brownlees in the past (which I know from direct sources), but I thought it was understandable as they literally raced from the front from the start-end of most races.

Hard to complain, when the had their nose in the wind for 1:45:00.

I thought today was very different, and spoke more to AB's quick descension in his most recent results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Let’s see if this works.

Ha. I haven't raced in a few years but that seems way less aggressive than what I remember from age groups. Obviously deliberate, but he is being penalized for the stupidity of doing it off to the side rather than in a tight pack.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a punk move. Even worse he downplayed it in interview. Bit like a 5 year old getting caught and denying it.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

It was hard to see what instigated the move by AB, but it would have been fine if he felt crowded if he just nudged the other guy sideways (like push the guy over on the side of hip or side of chest) to reclaim his own breathig space. Literally pushing the guy down from the middle of his back was totally uncalled for, and blatant!

Great DQ
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
synthetic wrote:

It was hard to see what instigated the move by AB, but it would have been fine if he felt crowded if he just nudged the other guy sideways (like push the guy over on the side of hip or side of chest) to reclaim his own breathig space. Literally pushing the guy down from the middle of his back was totally uncalled for, and blatant!

Great DQ

This should be more than a DQ.

Blatant intentional hands-on contact for the purpose of impeding another athlete or causing harm to them, should be suspension for a year. No questions asked. Set a precedent.

Sure there's pride in being able to duke it out in the swim and handle the chaos. I get it. Cool.

But, the DQ says "feel free to initiate hand to hand combat in the water, in the small chance you get caught, it's just a DQ, come back next week."

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love AB. He is my favorite athlete all time. He is still my favorite athlete of all time. But this was horrible.

I want to make an excuse for him. But let’s be honest: he targeted McQueen specifically because he was a rookie in his first WTC race and Ali couldn’t stand that he was behind him. No longer able to dictate the race to the finish line, he has been reduced to pulling on the leg of a rookie.

** Chase McQueen can really swim. I am not sure who he is working with but he is going to make his coach look smarter than he/she really is!

Ali has always been a bully on the course. It was charming when he was the king, less so now. I suppose his nature to see nothing but red is what blinded him here, but again that is just making an excuse for him.

Ali’s decision to try and run the 10k at the commonwealth games in 2013 has always unsettled
me. Has he had anything more than just a few moments of contentment before he’s moved onto his next challenge?
Last edited by: ajthomas: Jun 8, 21 8:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Let’s see if this works.

Thanks for the link. He's such a sore loser. His insane competitiveness made him great but his childish behavior and inability to control his emotions is his downfall. This is consistent with the shoulder bump that he gave Frodeno after either the Ironman or Ironman 70.3 World Championship in which Frodeno won and he came in 13th or something. Not a good look. From what I hear Johnny's sportsmanship is no better. Javier Gomez tells tales of getting the crap beat out of him by both Brownlee brothers at one ITU swim.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lock_N_Load wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Let’s see if this works.

Thanks for the link. He's such a sore loser. His insane competitiveness made him great but his childish behavior and inability to control his emotions is his downfall. This is consistent with the shoulder bump that he gave Frodeno after either the Ironman or Ironman 70.3 World Championship in which Frodeno won and he came in 13th or something. Not a good look. From what I hear Johnny's sportsmanship is no better. Javier Gomez tells tales of getting the crap beat out of him by both Brownlee brothers at one ITU swim.

You gotta feel for AB. In his heyday he would just have a domestique like Harry Whiltshire do the dirty work for him.
https://www.youtube.com/...p;ab_channel=gtivigo

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Lock_N_Load wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Let’s see if this works.

You gotta feel for AB. In his heyday he would just have a domestique like Harry Whiltshire do the dirty work for him.
https://www.youtube.com/...p;ab_channel=gtivigo

Thanks for sharing. If I remember right Harry got a well-deserved suspension for these antics. Tactics like that are so bush league and should not be part of the sport.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Harry got a 6mos. suspension. The Brownlees got nothing (as they were not involved), although they were the obvious beneficiaries of having Gomez miss the front bike pack.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Jun 6, 21 20:50
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee disqualified for ‘ducking’ and faces Olympic omission [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of person bullies other fellow competitors even being a top class sportsman? Not just this dunk, it was the yelling over the years, the 2 brothers against any random guy... also cozumel 2016, despite seeming a nice pic, it was clearly a DQ... Hes never been a gentleman, and this is the way to finish his ITU days... pushing Bishop to get the spot for him and being an embarrasment.
GB federation has always knelt before the brothers ..now the thing is...what if he does not success in Kona? will he make a valentino rossi in the bike to Jan?

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Last edited by: juanillo: Jun 6, 21 21:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I honestly do not understand what many of you are seeing on this video. Brownlee is clearly in front and to the side of Chase. As they come closer together, Brownlee’s right arm gets caught on his recovery with Chase’s right shoulder, and it appears to me he pushed to get his arm free. I have had this happen to me a few times, and you do what you have to do to get untangled and keep swimming. For the short amount of video shown, it does not appear that Chase was impeded, and his position relative to Brownlee remained about the same. I have watched this several times, I am totally neutral on my feeling about Brownlee, but I certainly do not see any clear intention to bully or impede.
Last edited by: IntenseOne: Jun 6, 21 21:51
Quote Reply

Prev Next