Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Grandfinal, Beijing and Superleague
Quote | Reply
Can he win all three? What impact will training LC have on his SC form? Can he stay fit with this hectic schedule of racing (can't remember the last time he compete in 5 races in the space of a few months?)

Really excited to see Ali back racing regularly again, very intriguing to see him compete in Superleague (suits the sprinters) if anyone can jump down from racing long and win supersprint racing though its Ali.
Last edited by: Jackets: Sep 8, 18 22:33
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sad he's racing Superleague and not commentating... he was beyond awesome last year.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt he'll have the top end run speed to podium at the Grand Final. The course doesn't suit breakaways, but if someone could do it, it'd be him. Which is why I'm pumped to be watching the race. It should be a good one.
Same for super league. That is a lot of fast running and he isn't a sprinter like Birtwhistle. (sp?) But a few bike breakaways go a long way in the super sprint format.

Beijing I'd be shocked if he won by less than 30 seconds.

Win or lose, all these races will be more exciting with him racing. (IMO)
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Grandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He won’t win the grand final or super league.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Grandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I reckon little bro is going to benefit the most from this, Ali might not have the speed on the run but Jonny will, and I can see a break away at the GF with the Brownlee's and the Norweigens.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Grandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Varga is on the start list for Gold Coast i'm predicting both Brownlee's to be on the podium with a Norweigen in between the two!
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I'm sad he's racing Superleague and not commentating... he was beyond awesome last year.

This. While I love the disruption of having him in the race, in terms of how him and his brother change the dynamic (just like Flora on the ladies side), but he was so on point as commentator last year, that it's too bad he's not in that role again. I can't recall how many people I know that were stressed out about racing in the rain this season that I referred to watch Jersey and listen to his commentary for the practical advice of managing the conditions... not to mention the healthy chirpring of others in the field (including his brother..).
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Completely agree about his commentating, I watch a lot of different sports and Ali is one of the best I've heard, completely natural to him.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed. He also gives the best interviews... not canned at all. Interesting guy.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like his interviews, I know to some he comes across as cocky and disrespectful but he's just being honest, Triathlon is too nice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonny is racing Beijing, his first non draft race ever apparently, be interesting to see how he gets on, especially against Ali.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ali didn't even swim his usual self last weekend putting him out of contention even before he was DQ'd, probably hurt by picking almost last on the pontoon and getting mixed up in that brawl at the turn buoy. Hope he was just thrown off by that and can mix it up in Beijing but the travel has got to be rough too, SA > AU > CH?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Ali didn't even swim his usual self last weekend putting him out of contention even before he was DQ'd, probably hurt by picking almost last on the pontoon and getting mixed up in that brawl at the turn buoy. Hope he was just thrown off by that and can mix it up in Beijing but the travel has got to be rough too, SA > AU > CH?

According to a lot of ST LC followers, Ali was fully fit!
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He looked injured on the run. He's one tough dude. But he clearly was running with a hitch in his giddyup. I was surprised he finished the race. I'm curious to see if he starts Beijing.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all my respect, Alistair, even he´s been one of the greatest is messing around with such a mix of races: 70.3 worlds, wts grand final, superleague?? 3 different distances and as long as I know he is basically training for 70.3s..so, hard to keep his level in oly distance as we saw in Gold Coast. I know he must be making some money but I am kind of lost of what he is willing to do... IM? Tokyo? just 70.3s? IM and 70.3 are compatible, but not olympic distance....so, he should make up his mind.(with all my respect)
By the way, I am spanish and I am sorry for my mistakes writinf this for the sensitive ones :P

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't he racing IM Kona too?
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [PBFLRacing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AB is not racing Kona.

I think he is just trying to enjoy the sport a bit by mixing it up, and is keeping his options open on Tokyo and IM racing depending what he enjoys and how his body reacts to the training/racing. Probably is making some good money too, so that is likely in the recipe somewhere.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
With all my respect, Alistair, even he´s been one of the greatest is messing around with such a mix of races: 70.3 worlds, wts grand final, superleague?? 3 different distances and as long as I know he is basically training for 70.3s..so, hard to keep his level in oly distance as we saw in Gold Coast. I know he must be making some money but I am kind of lost of what he is willing to do... IM? Tokyo? just 70.3s? IM and 70.3 are compatible, but not olympic distance....so, he should make up his mind.(with all my respect)
By the way, I am spanish and I am sorry for my mistakes writinf this for the sensitive ones :P

Simple answer. MONEY

WTS because he is funded by British Tri and was expected to be there. Beijing ebcause it is a very handsome appearance fee and Super League because of appearance fee and paying very deep. It is his job after all.
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [jayski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jayski wrote:
juanillo wrote:

Simple answer. MONEY

WTS because he is funded by British Tri and was expected to be there. Beijing ebcause it is a very handsome appearance fee and Super League because of appearance fee and paying very deep. It is his job after all.

Agree...

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok so there will be no way of watching Beijing Tri live (You'll be able to see the start and finish of the pro races live on Facebook though if you only like watching the start and finish of races!)

There will be a highlights package out later on though.

Beijing start list is quite reasonabley stacked actualy obviously both Brownlee's, Schoeman, Kanute, Buckingham, Cameron Dye, Lagerstrom, Shoemaker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That race looks supremely epic fields in both the men's and women's race. Going to be fun to see it when we see it!

Can't wait to see how Brownlee Jr goes in non draft!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Alistair Brownlee To Race WTS Gandfinal, Beijing and Superleague [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just when I decided I didn't want to spoil the result up popped a spoiler for Beijing so Spoiler Alert ###########################

1.J.Brownlee
2.K.Blummenfelt
3.Schoeman

Blum wasn't even on the start list I seen the other day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Just when I decided I didn't want to spoil the result up popped a spoiler for Beijing so Spoiler Alert ###########################

1.J.Brownlee
2.K.Blummenfelt
3.Schoeman

what is with Ali's swim these days?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was there somewhere to watch it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:

1.J.Brownlee
2.K.Blummenfelt
3.Schoeman

As thrilled as Jonny has to be to have things finally come together this year, I imagine Blum must be at wit's end with yet another bride's maid's finish.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply

Prev Next