Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alden Designs Extended Bottle/Computer Mount
Quote | Reply
I wanted to give a shout out to Glen Alden and mini review of a variation on an existing mount. I was wanting an extended bottle/computer mount that would work for a BTA set up. Glen offers such a mount for a Xlab Torpedo, but I didn't think the length of that mount would work for a regular BTA bottle that I planned to regularly remove/replace during a ride or race. So, I reached out to Glen and he went to work!!

He produced a couple different samples for me to try. There is some ability to move the bottle mount for/aft in this set up. Glen was great to work with and now I have a nice, sleek, stable, functional and lightweight product that I look forward to using in the upcoming racing season.

The first two pics are with the bottle cage mounted in about the middle of the mount which I think will be my preferred set up--still plenty of clearance to remove/replace bottle and Garmin is still ver visible. The last pic is one where I moved the mount as far back as it will go--for me, the computer mount is probably too far forward in that set up--at least with this bottle. FYI, the bottle shown in the pic is 24 ozs, so its a good size. Since I would probably use this set up as a bottle replacement if in a longer race, I wouldn't be using anything bigger than 24 ounces. A 24 ounce Polar or similar bottle will also fit although they are taller and it so it obviously gets bit tighter and probably would only work in the position all the way back as shown in the last pic.

Here's hoping Glen produces that new bento he has threatened to unleash!!

Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 15, 18 10:46
Quote Reply