Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alberto Contador Going After Frodo's Ring
Quote | Reply
Looks like another pro cyclist making the jump to triathlon with Alberto Contador stating that he will make his debut at Ironman Vitoria on July 12, 2020. Should get the rest of the M35-39 all fired up. Sounds like minimal swim training though so maybe people will have a fighting chance.

https://www.triatlonweb.es/...U1zU_g5G4CfRXx0vfgus

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Alberto Contador Going After Frodo's Ring [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell yes. I want to see some IM bike attacks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I enjoy seeing athletes of other sports come into triathlon. It’s cool to see how their skills/talent/history crosses over. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool! Will be interesting to see how well he runs (I assume his swim will be "poor", relatively speaking).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zubeldia
Vino
jaJa
Colom
pistolero

🤔, what could the common thread be?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Looks like another pro cyclist making the jump to triathlon with Alberto Contador stating that he will make his debut at Ironman Vitoria on July 12, 2020. Should get the rest of the M35-39 all fired up. Sounds like minimal swim training though so maybe people will have a fighting chance.https://www.triatlonweb.es/...U1zU_g5G4CfRXx0vfgus[/quote[/url]]

well maybe Contador read the Frodo vs Kipchoge thread in which I mentioned it would be interesting to see what someone like Contador with a running background could do in a duathlon.

Having said that, It should be fun here on ST with a former convicted doper joining the age group ranks. In any case looks like THE Sergio will have a big engine fighting him in 35-39!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s a fake news, yesterday in Spain was the joke’s day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
December 28 is the Spanish equivalent to April fools Day. This was announced yesterday...

Other media also said Lance had been cleared of all accusations and the seven tours where reinstated...
Quote Reply
Re: Alberto Contador Going After Frodo's Ring [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
December 28 is the Spanish equivalent to April fools Day. This was announced yesterday...

Other media also said Lance had been cleared of all accusations and the seven tours where reinstated...

LMAO! This is great stuff:)
Quote Reply
Re: Alberto Contador Going After Frodo's Ring [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
December 28 is the Spanish equivalent to April fools Day.

This is correct

Quote:
December 28th is 'DĂ­a de los santos inocentes' or 'Day of the Innocent Saints' and is very like April Fools Day in the UK and USA. People try to trick each other into believing silly stories and jokes. Newspapers and TV stations also run silly stories. If you trick someone, you can call them 'Inocente, inocente' which means 'innocent, innocent'. 28th December is when people all over the world remember the babies that were killed on the orders of King Herod when he was trying to kill the baby Jesus.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Alberto Contador Going After Frodo's Ring [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:

Zubeldia
Vino
jaJa
Colom
pistolero

🤔, what could the common thread be?

where are you from? It seems you have something against spaniards....yes, they dope as many others... I still have my doubts with Contador...but Zubeldia??? he´s always been a clean guy..dont know why it is in your list. Even more, he is an example of tenacity and hard work in cycling....
People deliver accusations like shooting with a machine gun....
And yet, yes, dec 28 is the "joke day" in Spain,so, keep informed before shooting

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As if we need even more motors in triathlon...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Alberto Contador Going After Frodo's Ring [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
As if we need even more motors in triathlon...

You're thinking of Cancellara

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Alberto Contador Going After Frodo's Ring [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lived in Spain and love Spain. Y ud escribe ingles my bien. JaJa and Vino are not Spanish.

I would not say Spaniards doped any more than other countries, though they probably got caught more than riders from other countires. And all those unclaimed bags from Puerto makes Spain look bad. If the NFL had legit testing it would make Puerto look like nothing.

Zubeldia is kind of like Horner, super nice guy who everybody liked, had a long career without ever getting directly implicated, but hard to think either as a clean rider.

As for Contador, his DS's were Saiz, Riis, and Bruynel, and his coach was Marti.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very true. My favorite UK riders were caught or implicated. The EPL, La Liga, NFL and all sports....even our precious triathlon....are doped. Lets just accept this and move on. Cycling has better testing now than most other sports though it is still easy enough to get around and happens. C'est la vie. No one's favorite country or sport is innocent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of the professional team leagues are rife with doping. They just hide it better.

Living in Canada, I always get the "hockey is clean!" head in the sand bullshit.
When I was younger I saw several juniors easily put on 20lbs of muscle over the offseason. Uh-huh....
Quote Reply
Re: Alberto Contador Going After Frodo's Ring [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
All of the professional team leagues are rife with doping. They just hide it better.

Living in Canada, I always get the "hockey is clean!" head in the sand bullshit.
When I was younger I saw several juniors easily put on 20lbs of muscle over the offseason. Uh-huh....
Not even sure that other pro leagues hide it better, they just have less logistical challenges. Most major busts came from either athletes travelling to doctors (Fuentes/Puerto) or people transporting gear to/from races or between hotels at stage races (Festina)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awesome, I love the Cervelo team back in the TdF days, I don't think he'll do well but will be fun to watch regardless!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if Lance is enticed to come back to flog el pistolero. Hated the guy ever since the Astana battle back in the day.
Quote Reply
Re: Alberto Contador Going After Frodo's Ring [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
Hated the guy ever since the Astana battle back in the day.

Lance or Contador?
Quote Reply
Re: Alberto Contador Going After Frodo's Ring [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since Vitoria is most likely getting cancelled, we may have to wait until 2021.
Quote Reply