Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alaskan looking for destination OWS training recommendations
Quote | Reply
An client of mine, living in Alaska and training for long course triathlon, is looking for open water swim location recommendations.

He'd like to fly for a 3-4 day open water swim trip as it's a new thing for him, as is swimming in general. He's registered for IM Cd'A.

Where would you fly to, from Alaska, to practice open water swimming in April, if you were a relative beginner swimmer?

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Alaskan looking for destination OWS training recommendations [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell him to HTFU and jump in Little Campbell, Sand, or Goose Lake!
Quote Reply
Re: Alaskan looking for destination OWS training recommendations [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
San Francisco Bay with the sharks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would recommend flying from Alaska and going to Waikaloa Village. A bay outside the Marriot Hotel is a great place for open water swimming in April. And can rent a bike or bring one and ride the Queen K.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that I have done this, but my first check would be to see if I could swim with Tower26 and maybe even get a lesson or two with Gerry Rodriguez. I think they are LA based?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are quite a few lakes around the Phoenix area, Lake Pleasant is an ideal destination for some. The water right now is prime for testing out the wetsuit. I know this time last year when all the pools closed, we headed to Lake Pleasant on Friday's and Sunday's.
Quote Reply