Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Aging and nose hairs: what's your solution ?
Quote | Reply
Sadly, it's a reality, well at least for me. The more I age, I feel I have more and more huge hair growing inside the nose. Up to the point where it impedes air flow through the nose. I have to cut and trim every week. I tried a few nose hair trimmer models, but there is something wrong with the designs, they spin forever, and cut only a few hair at a time. And for me the more I paid, the least they work well. Or I'm just too fussy ?
Mini nose hair scissors ? Not for me, I tried.
Is nose hair removal reallly a thing ? Or just a practical joke ? I saw a few videos and can't think It's something one would do voluntarily.
Discuss ...:-)

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Aging and nose hairs: what's your solution ? [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry but I have to ask is this question really relevant (or interesting) to anything or anybody on this forum?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 The little scissors and cheap electric trimmer work decent enough for me. Occasionally I’ll just tweeze the one stray hair poking out. If you want to inhale and feel like you just sniffed two pumps of Afrin I’d suggest a cheap self wax kit. I haven’t been brave enough to try it yet but two q-tips dipped in wax and then put in there does the trick from what I’ve seen.
Quote Reply
Re: Aging and nose hairs: what's your solution ? [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chgrubb wrote:
Sorry but I have to ask is this question really relevant (or interesting) to anything or anybody on this forum?

No but I'm sure there are plenty of male grooming forums with members who'd love to answer this sort of thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Aging and nose hairs: what's your solution ? [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nasal waxing?

😱
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just pluck them once every other week. For me though its the ear hair, lol, I feel like I could trim them everyday
Quote Reply
Re: Aging and nose hairs: what's your solution ? [H8to wrk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish there was a Medical forum in ST for guys like there's a Women's forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Philips nasal hair trimmer, works a treat for me!

I'm worried about the ear hair side of things - although thankfully my father (who's rising 80) doesn't have them, so I might just be ok in future!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
louisn wrote:
Sadly, it's a reality, well at least for me. The more I age, I feel I have more and more huge hair growing inside the nose. Up to the point where it impedes air flow through the nose. I have to cut and trim every week. I tried a few nose hair trimmer models, but there is something wrong with the designs, they spin forever, and cut only a few hair at a time. And for me the more I paid, the least they work well. Or I'm just too fussy ?
Mini nose hair scissors ? Not for me, I tried.
Is nose hair removal reallly a thing ? Or just a practical joke ? I saw a few videos and can't think It's something one would do voluntarily.
Discuss ...:-)

Louis :-)
I actually use my beard trimmer to get my nose hairs. I never found the nose hair attachment to work all that well so I just use the trimmer and it works great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys will talk about anything.... I’m 60 and have been dealing with this for years. I use cheap disposable razors, and just stick it in my nose, rotate 360 one way, the turn it around and 360 the other way, and good to go in about 5 seconds. I thought that’s what everyone did. I do my ears the same way.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pair of pliers and a few tears. Htfu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plucked by hand for years. Never kept up with it as much as the wife would like because it hurt. Only did it when they got unruly.

Purchased this thing. Game-changer. Pain free. WAY cleaner look.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GB3QXC6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I singe mine off with a paper match. Wood match burns too hot for my minor growth but it might be just what you need for your extreme case.
Last edited by: talking head: Nov 27, 20 16:50
Quote Reply
Re: Aging and nose hairs: what's your solution ? [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, you stick a disposable razor in your nose? How big is your nose?
Quote Reply
Re: Aging and nose hairs: what's your solution ? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:

That's what I was thinking.

I'm hoping someone gives an answer as to how much waxing hurts, because I hate having stubble in my nose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the small scissors that came with my clippers.
Quote Reply
Re: Aging and nose hairs: what's your solution ? [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tweezers.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude I feel yah. And plucking them is painful.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Aging and nose hairs: what's your solution ? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
tweezers.

Yeah, I do that, and I just use my fingers, but I want a one (Or I guess 2) and done solution. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
JoeO wrote:

That's what I was thinking....

Been doing it for over 40 years. Snug fit is what makes it work well. Try it. Like I mentioned, it’s one of those things I figured out on my own, and just thought it’s what everyone did... until some off the wall thread on a triathlon forum taught me otherwise. What a weird world.

Athlinks / Strava
Last edited by: Dean T: Nov 27, 20 19:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After many hours in the wind tunnel, my team of fitters who specialize in Italian supercar prototyping and design determined that noses are, in fact, not aero.
Now, I'm waiting till COVID ends, so I can fly to Costa Rica for either 1) Nostril Reduction or 2) Removal.
Any advice from those who have done the procedure would be greatly appreciated. I was told to expect 3 watts gained over 40k at 29mph.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every 2 weeks just cut them with something like THIS...works fine. If you're shaving your face you can do it in about 15 seconds...safety tipped for your protection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i go the waxing route, but let the professionals do it. best money spent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
JoeO wrote:

That's what I was thinking.

I'm hoping someone gives an answer as to how much waxing hurts, because I hate having stubble in my nose.

It's not bad.

Use the microwavable wax with plastic wands that prevent you from messing up: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/...BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

For mechanical trimming, the Philips/Norelco trimmer works great: https://www.usa.philips.com/...BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
It basically allows you to shave the inner surface of your nostrils vs. hoping the hairs make it into the slots of the cylindrical trimmers.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply

Prev Next