Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
You make a good point about the last couple of inches probably being of marginal importance. For me, I'm usually sore there from riding in the aero position so I'd like to get the area covered. I'll post my customer service story after I get it sorted out. I'm hoping that it'll be as simple as just sending them the short boots and not having to package the whole unit, etc, etc. I know they're more expensive, I'm definitely not trying to get them for free or whatever. Thanks for your insights!

No worries. I only mention because I am huge consumer advocate. Competition is great for consumers and Air Relax and their low price is not just a low price. It is low because they are keeping it low to gain market share. They also sell on Amazon and because of that they have to manage reputation. Your Amazon reputation is everything. They are the only seller on Amazon because it is their product, they are the sole US Distributor.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks TG! BTW my 75 year old dad has borrowed my boots to help with a pulled hamstring. He loves them and I may never get mine back!!
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
globetrotterjon wrote:
Thanks TG! BTW my 75 year old dad has borrowed my boots to help with a pulled hamstring. He loves them and I may never get mine back!!

Yeah I was at BBQ, trying to stay fat, my weight is dropping like a rock, and a really large sedentary person with compression stockings came "walking" out and I was thinking I should mention to him. But yes lots of use-cases. I mean Normatec as we know it was designed for athletes but they have their own medical boots as well.

I also like to use them for this specific reason as your dad. For people that don't use boots they don't understand how warm the tissues get from all the squeezing + lack of ventilation and it can really help loosen up the stiff muscles.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
You make a good point about the last couple of inches probably being of marginal importance. For me, I'm usually sore there from riding in the aero position so I'd like to get the area covered. I'll post my customer service story after I get it sorted out. I'm hoping that it'll be as simple as just sending them the short boots and not having to package the whole unit, etc, etc. I know they're more expensive, I'm definitely not trying to get them for free or whatever. Thanks for your insights!

Circling back around on this. Did they get back to you? If so what was the end result?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
jazzymusicman wrote:

Circling back around on this. Did they get back to you? If so what was the end result?

Hey Thomas,

They reached out rather quickly and offered to send me out a pair of the longer boots for the difference + shipping so I could decide and then I could RMA whichever pair I didn't want. Overall pretty satisfied with the options. After thinking about what you said, I'm mulling it over before spending more money since my wife (who is short) is eyeing them and even though I do wish they came up higher, I can live with it if gets me off the hook for spending the money in the first place. Thanks for your advice and for following up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
jazzymusicman wrote:

Hey Thomas,

They reached out rather quickly and offered to send me out a pair of the longer boots for the difference + shipping so I could decide and then I could RMA whichever pair I didn't want. Overall pretty satisfied with the options. After thinking about what you said, I'm mulling it over before spending more money since my wife (who is short) is eyeing them and even though I do wish they came up higher, I can live with it if gets me off the hook for spending the money in the first place. Thanks for your advice and for following up.

Wow, that is actually a pretty nice option to allow you try out the long boots and decide for yourself. I guess nothing would be more frustrating than to go long and then realize you preferred short but this solves that problem. Now I really appreciate you sharing!!! Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious if you did ever try out the cheapo leg massager. I'm curious to try out recovery boots as I have started to encounter some ankle/leg issues in one leg after some hard runs but can't quite get a $400 (let alone a $1,300) purchase request approved by the CFO at the moment. I understand you rep the Air Relax boots (which I am saving up for) but wonder if a cheap alternative in the meantime would be beneficial or a waste of time.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:
Just curious if you did ever try out the cheapo leg massager. I'm curious to try out recovery boots as I have started to encounter some ankle/leg issues in one leg after some hard runs but can't quite get a $400 (let alone a $1,300) purchase request approved by the CFO at the moment. I understand you rep the Air Relax boots (which I am saving up for) but wonder if a cheap alternative in the meantime would be beneficial or a waste of time.

I'm really diggin' the Air Relax boots, and while I feel a little fresher using them, they do nothing for tightness. I still have to foam roll with my rumble roller and trigger point ball. When I'm feeling lazy I still use a cheapo massager that's worked wonders for me I got a few years ago off Amazon. It just doesn't get very deep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:

I haven't tried out those boots to be fair, and at this point I probably won't as I am just way to far behind on other stuff at the current moment. Happy to hear the thoughts of others but given just the manufacturing cost of both the boots from Air Relax and Normatec, I really question whether they can work effectively.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
HoustonTri(er) wrote:

I'm really diggin' the Air Relax boots, and while I feel a little fresher using them, they do nothing for tightness. I still have to foam roll with my rumble roller and trigger point ball. When I'm feeling lazy I still use a cheapo massager that's worked wonders for me I got a few years ago off Amazon. It just doesn't get very deep.

Right yes, they are not a replacement for a really deep tissue massage or foam rolling. More to help promote circulation. The Rumble Roller is amazing. Have you tried a harder, larger spikey ball to work in the hip capsule or upper hamstrings. It is amazing. Definitely everyone needs one. This appears to be the exact same one I have and love. My regular source is out of stock of these.

Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [mad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a pair from China for under $300 plus shipping. They work like a dream and saved me a helluva lot of cash. These systems are all the same. Let me know if you're interested in a pair, you won't regret this purchase but you will regret a $1500 Normatec purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [realtalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realtalk wrote:
I got a pair from China for under $300 plus shipping. They work like a dream and saved me a helluva lot of cash. These systems are all the same. Let me know if you're interested in a pair, you won't regret this purchase but you will regret a $1500 Normatec purchase.

you got a link please ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realtalk wrote:

I still think the Normatec system is the premier system if you have the money. Yes it is a heck of a lot of money, with the recent $100 price drop and a easily found discount the price is now $1395. I would really like to see Normatec come with a 3-year warranty though for that price.

I agree that all the systems do the same basic function but they need to be able to last. At least for myself, someone who sits in them for hours a day they have to be able to handle many many cycles. I did have my original Normatec Pulse die after about 7 months, but they replaced it under warranty no problem. No long-term issues with the Air Relax and fwiw Air Relax is made in Korea.

Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [timujin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timujin wrote:
realtalk wrote:

you got a link please ?

You can get the Air Relax for ~$370 if you use the discount here. They have US models for US voltage so no need to worry about adapters. In addition, if you have a warranty issue you are sending back within the US. Shipping back to China is going to essentially kill warranty coverage as the units are heavy. Air Relax is made in the Korea, and the US Distributor (Orange Tree Trade), is in California.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
timujin wrote:
realtalk wrote:

you got a link please ?

You can get the Air Relax for ~$370 if you use the discount here. They have US models for US voltage so no need to worry about adapters. In addition, if you have a warranty issue you are sending back within the US. Shipping back to China is going to essentially kill warranty coverage as the units are heavy. Air Relax is made in the Korea, and the US Distributor (Orange Tree Trade), is in California.

hey thomas

im in the gibraltar, what shipping rates would be charged?
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [timujin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timujin wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
timujin wrote:
realtalk wrote:

you got a link please ?

hey thomas

im in the gibraltar, what shipping rates would be charged?

Given that you are not in the US, then you would need the 220V version anyway. Air Relax does ship internationally but not to Gibraltar. I can check on who the European distributor might be though for you. That might be your best option.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
realtalk wrote:

I still think the Normatec system is the premier system if you have the money. Yes it is a heck of a lot of money, with the recent $100 price drop and a easily found discount the price is now $1395. I would really like to see Normatec come with a 3-year warranty though for that price.

I agree that all the systems do the same basic function but they need to be able to last. At least for myself, someone who sits in them for hours a day they have to be able to handle many many cycles. I did have my original Normatec Pulse die after about 7 months, but they replaced it under warranty no problem. No long-term issues with the Air Relax and fwiw Air Relax is made in Korea.

Thomas, thomas, thomass...you left out one important word that makes the AirRelax a deal breaker for most...made in NORTH Korea! #smh #normakim #swimbikekim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realtalk wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
realtalk wrote:

Thomas, thomas, thomass...you left out one important word that makes the AirRelax a deal breaker for most...made in NORTH Korea! #smh #normakim #swimbikekim

LOL, actually when I first called the company they dropped the *North Korea* line and my heart fell into my stomach. They sounded super serious in the delivery and frankly it took me a half second to realize it was a joke. Definitely not enough caffeine that morning.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Customer service reps with a sense of humor?! OMG I might buy a pair just because of that
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I managed to get hold of a used clinical model sequential leg compression system to try out this recovery. You have mentioned in some of your posts about spending hours in your boots. As someone who doesn't have that amount of time to sit relaxing - work, wife, and kids won't allow that - do you have any advice as to amount of time to spend in the boots where you have seen a benefit? Or just a case of spend as much time as you can and see what results I get? Is there an amount of time below - say 15mins - that you might skip using them as there would be limited benefit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:
I managed to get hold of a used clinical model sequential leg compression system to try out this recovery. You have mentioned in some of your posts about spending hours in your boots. As someone who doesn't have that amount of time to sit relaxing - work, wife, and kids won't allow that - do you have any advice as to amount of time to spend in the boots where you have seen a benefit? Or just a case of spend as much time as you can and see what results I get? Is there an amount of time below - say 15mins - that you might skip using them as there would be limited benefit?

I haven't given it that much thought honestly as to what amount of time is necessary to get the most benefit. Ideally I don't think you need to go that long, just long enough to get the blood flowing thru the legs. It might only be necessary to do 15 mins but probably not less than that. Having watched roommates use the boots I am always amazed they just crank them up. For me, I like to work into the process and increment the pressure as I go. I would probably skip myself if I wasn't going to sit in for 15 minutes. There isn't a ton of overhead, but still overhead getting into the boots.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:

15 minutes is enough. 30 is slightly better. Anything more than that and I really don't notice much difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been trying to stick with 2 cycles when I have it but have done 1 a few times but never more. Maybe after a race I might go lighter but longer. But after a week my go to settings are "point" with all the legs and B. Very happy with them so far and if they can replace my massages they will pay for themselves within a year!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next